Windows Firewall Control is a small tool which helps you managing Windows Firewall easily, it extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall and provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and Server 2008. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click:
High Filtering – All outbound and inbound connections are blocked. This profile blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
Medium Filtering – Outbound connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only the programs that you allow can initiate outbound connections.
Low Filtering – Outbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed. The user can block the programs he doesn’t want to allow initiating outbound connections.
No Filtering – Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
Windows Firewall Control doesn’t do any packet filtering and does not block or allow any connection. This is done by Windows Firewall itself based on the existing firewall rules. Currently, our program is available in 27 languages.
- Intuitive user interface which is easy accessible through a system tray icon.
- Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
- Disable the ability of other programs to add Windows Firewall rules.
- Integrated support of creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules.
- Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
- Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Automatically display invalid rules for programs that do not exist any more.
- Merge multiple similar rules or duplicate existing ones.
- View recently allowed and blocked connections and create new rules from the Security log.
- Import and export of partial sets of rules.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- Global hot keys are supported and various shortcut keys are available.
- And many, many more. Just try it out.
Registered Users Features
Notifications System which provides notifications for outbound blocked connections. Four modes available:
- High – Display notifications for all outgoing connections that were blocked, including System and Svchost.exe.
- Medium – Display notifications only for regular programs, without notifications for System and Svchost.exe.
- Low – Automatically allow digitally signed programs. Notifications are displayed only for unsigned programs.
- Disabled – Notifications are disabled.
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5 or newer version
- Compatible with all x86 and x64 versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2012.
- Windows Firewall service is required to be enabled for Windows Firewall Control to run.
- DNS Client service is required to be enabled for the notifications to work properly.
- Windows Firewall is incompatible with software proxies, like Avast! Web Shield and Avira WebGuard. Read why.
- Notifications System is incompatible with BoxCryptor and TrueCrypt software.
- Due to multiple system configurations and software installed there may be incompatibility problems. Please report them all and help us to improve Windows Firewall Control. Thank you for your support !
What’s new in version 22.214.171.124 (09.08.2016)
– New: Added support to find duplicate rules in Rules Panel.
– Fixed: The application always uses the Calibri font family which for some users
may not be the best font. If the user changes the default font from the
Advanced Appearance Settings… dialog, WFC is still displayed with Calibri font.
Now the WFC user interface reflects the system font.
– Fixed: Pressing multiple times on F1 key will open multiple times the user manual.
– Updated: Pressing the F1 key in the focused window will open the user manual to
the corresponding topic instead of the main page.
– Updated: The user manual topics were extended.
Homepage – http://www.binisoft.org