VMware Workstation Player is a streamlined desktop virtualization application that runs one or more operating systems on the same computer without rebooting. With its simple user interface, unmatched operating system support and portability, it’s now easier than ever for IT professionals to get their users up and running with a corporate desktop.
VMware Workstation Player provides a streamlined user interface for creating, running and evaluating operating systems and applications in a virtual machine on Windows or Linux PCs. Easily interact and exchange data between applications running on the virtual machine and the desktop. With its intuitive interface and easy setup, VMware Player Pro is the easiest way to deliver a virtual desktop to your employees, contractors, or customers.
It supports hundreds of guest operating systems – old and new – so you can continue to run the applications you need in a virtual machine for as long as you want. With support for the latest releases of Windows and Linux as well as support for common operating systems like Windows XP and Windows 7, Player Pro turns a regular PC into the ultimate computer for compatibility. VMware Player Pro is the best way to run multiple operating systems and corporate desktops in an isolated and protected environment on modern hardware.
With VMware Workstation Player, complete desktop environments including the operating system, applications, and user configurations can be containerized in a virtual machine and easily shared. Instead of buying and shipping additional hardware, reduce cost by only providing VMware Player Pro along with a virtual machine containing your secure desktop image.
VMware Workstation Player can run restricted virtual machines created by VMware Workstation or VMware Fusion Pro. Restricted virtual machines are the easiest way to secure corporate desktops with encryption, runtime password protection, USB access restriction, isolation between the host and guest OS, and time limitation. Player Pro makes it incredibly easy to ensure corporate compliance by running restricted virtual machines.
What can I do with VMware Player?
- Use VMware Player to create, run, evaluate, and share software running in virtual machines:
- Create: Use VMware Player to create virtual machines with the latest 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and Linux operating systems. With Easy Install it’s easier than installing them directly on your PC.
- Run: VMware Player can be used by anyone to run virtual machines on a Windows or Linux PC. VMware Player makes it quick and easy to take advantage of the security, flexibility, and portability of virtual machines.
- Evaluate: VMware Player is ideal for safely evaluating software distributed as a virtual appliance. Virtual appliances are pre-built, pre-configured and ready-to-run enterprise software applications packaged along with an operating system in a virtual machine. With VMware Player, anyone can quickly and easily experience the benefits of preconfigured products without any installation or configuration hassles. Run over 900 virtual appliances from leading software vendors available from the VMware Virtual Appliance Marketplace.
- Share: VMware Player can be used by anyone to run a virtual machine shared by a colleague or friend. For example, customer support and development teams can share a customer scenario encapsulated within a virtual machine.
The free version is available for non-commercial, personal and home use. We also encourage students and non-profit organizations to benefit from this offering.
Homepage – http://www.vmware.com