Visio 2013 provides new features designed to help you create diagrams more intuitively, including new and updated shapes and stencils, improved effects and themes, and a coauthoring feature that makes teamwork easier. You can also make your diagrams more dynamic by linking shapes to real-time data and then share them with others through a browser using Visio Services in SharePoint, even if they don’t have Visio installed.
Simplify complex information by creating professional diagrams in just a few clicks.
The new Microsoft Visio has:
• Features designed to make it easier to create diagrams, including quicker access to frequently used tools, new and updated shapes and stencils, and improved and expanded themes and effects.
• Tools to make teamwork simpler, such as the ability to work together on the same diagram at the same time and improved commenting in both Visio and Visio Services.
• Improved touch support, including for Windows 8 and Visio Services in the new Microsoft SharePoint.
• Options to make your diagrams more dynamic by linking shapes to real-time data, with an expanded set of supported sources.
• The ability to share your diagrams with others through a browser (even if they don’t have Visio installed) through Microsoft Office 365 or SharePoint.
• Support for updated diagramming standards, including Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0, and Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0.
Project Professional 2013 helps you easily plan projects and collaborate with others from virtually anywhere. Stay organized and keep your projects on track with the only project management system designed to seamlessly work with other Microsoft applications and cloud services.
Overview of Office 2013 SP1 improvements
The following are the key areas of improvement that are offered by this SP1:
• Improves compatibility with Windows 8.1.
• Improves compatibility with Internet Explorer 11.
• Improves compatibility with modern hardware, such as high-DPI devices and the precision touchpad.
• Provides new apps for Office capabilities and APIs for third-party developers.
1. Service Pack 1 also includes a rollup of all Cumulative Updates through December 2013, and all Public Updates through January 2014. The list below is specific to changes shipping for the first time in SP1.
2. Text for some list items describes a problem now fixed by SP1, while other items describe both the problem and the new behavior after installing SP1. Despite variations in phrasing, SP1 fixes all of the issues listed.
3. SP1 also contains additional changes which are less visible, but improve various aspects of the product. This includes reducing crashes, improving security, and fixing other issues too specific to include in this list.