Ultimate Boot CD is completely free for the download, or could be obtained for a small fee. If you had somehow paid a ridiculous amount of money for it, you have most likely been fleeced. The least you could do is to make as many copies of the offical UBCD and pass it to your friends, relatives, colleagues or even complete strangers to minimize the per unit cost of your loss!
• Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
• Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.
• Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn’t you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
• Run Ultimate Boot CD from your USB memory stick. A script on the CD prepares your USB memory stick so that it can be used on newer machines that supports booting from USB devices. You can access the same tools as you would from the CD version.
New features in UBCD V5.x include:
• New! The Linux-based distro Parted Magic is now included with UBCD V5.0. This should be the method of choice when you need to resize/rescue partitions, access NTFS filesystems or work with USB storage devices.
• New! UBCD V5.x now supports both syslinux/isolinux and grub4dos. This helps improve the chances that UBCD will boot on any particular machine.
When you boot up from the CD, a text-based menu will be displayed, and you will be able to select the tool you want to run. The selected tool actually boots off a virtual floppy disk created in memory.
Changes in 5.3.5 (May 24, 2015)
• I made an unfortunate mistake in V5.3.4 whereby both ASTRA and INTELPIU within DOSAPPS/FDUBCD were not updated as they should be. Both apps have been properly updated in this release. Thanks to ady for pointing out the error to me in a PM.
• Updated Intel Processor Identification Utility to V5.10. Thanks to ady for the update.
• Added Partition Explorer V1.01. Thanks to ady for the suggestion.
• Updated Partition Saving to V4.20. Thanks to ady for the update.
• Updated ASTRA to V6.30. Thanks to ady for the update.
• Added syslinux64 for execution on x64 Linux kernels. Updated “ubcd/tools/linux/ubcd2usb/readme.txt” to clarify/fix errors based on user feedback.
• To increase capacity (so that Partition Explorer can be accommodated), FDUBCD is now based on the 50MB image file located at http://bootcd.narod.ru/images.htm. Also a new build process is now used to ensure the image is always rebuilt from scratch, which minimizes mismatches and errors.
Homepage – http://www.ultimatebootcd.com