TinyWall is a free software to harden and control the advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. TinyWall 2.0 incorporates a wide range of new features, many which has been requested by the user community. All aspects of the application are improved, including security, user friendliness, compatibility, performance and stability. TinyWall runs on all versions (including all editions and languages, 32bit and 64bit) of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 10. However, firewall tampering protection is not active on Windows Vista. Also, Windows Vista users need to install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or newer before installing TinyWall.
• Non-intrusive operation. TinyWall lets you work while protecting you. No annoying popups and simple configuration.
• Lightweight. Using the advanced Windows Firewall built into newer Windows versions, TinyWall’s performance impact is neglible.
• More than just a controller. Tampering protection, blocklists, and temporary firewall rules, among others, add new features to Windows that increase security.
• Safe operation. No drivers or kernel-components are installed, which keeps your system stable.
• Convenient. Firewall modes and lots of other convenience features make TinyWall extremely easy to use for anybody.
• No cost. 100% free, no ads, no artifical limitations, no upgrades.
What’s NEW in Version 2.1
Upgrade note: Your firewall rules will reset when upgrading to this version the first time. To keep your settings, please export them before and import them after the upgrade.
• Removed automatic network zone switching.
• Enhanced support for and Metro applications
• Support for whitelisting on network drives
• Multi-user/multi-session support.
• Lots of new translations.
• Better authenticode verification support.
• Improved startup performance.
• Ability to disable global shortcuts, as well as numerous other usability enhancements.
Changes in TinyWall 2.1.6 – Maintenance release (06.01.2015.)
– Windows 10 (TP) compatibility
– Add color-coding to Application Exceptions list
– Faster loading of Manage and Processes windows
– Fix: GUI crashes when process list is cancelled
– Fix: Printer sharing doesn’t create rule for spoolsv.exe
– Fix: Two rules can get incorrectly merged
– Fix: TinyWall loses its settings under specific circumstances
– Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation
– Add Chinese translation
Homepage – http://tinywall.pados.hu/