Snooper is an advanced sound activated recorder. It will start to record automatically when sound is detected on the selected input, and pause as soon as there are no sounds. Encrypted recordings can be sent by e-mail after a recording is finished. You can schedule the starting and ending times for any recording you plan to make using the recording scheduler function. Recordings are saved in compact MP3 format.
Features of Snooper
• Robust and stable sound recording engine. The recorder engine is built to be resource efficient with low CPU and memory usage. It has evolved over time and is very stable and robust.
• Flexible recording system. The sound activated recorder has a flexible trigger window that allows the recording to start up to 10 seconds before the actual trigger sound occur. Adjustable trigger sensitivity level and pre-recording DSP filters can be applied for better trigger accuracy.
• Unique noise suppression system. Will during a recording suppress noise according to a pre-recorded noise profile. Makes it easy to detect and trigger at really low sound levels. Perfect for use with laptops with internal noise etc.
• MP3 and WAV formats. Various settings available including bit rate, sample rate, mono, stereo, etc.
• Exclusive Dual recording formats. Record to WAV simultaneously as recording to MP3. Possible to record a RAW untouched WAV file without any filtering etc along with the filtered and compressed MP3 file.
• Dictation mode. A special recording mode where all recordings are collected into a single file. The autosave function saves the recording after a selected time has elapsed. Setting the autosave to 30 minutes will generate a file 30 minutes after the first trigger occured. A maximum of two files an hour will be generated with autosave set to 30 minutes.
• Hotkeys. System wide user definable hotkeys can be set to control the program. Recordings can also be set to automatically start/stop when switching to/from screen lock.
• Automatic gain control (AGC). The AGC will adjust the input sound level to an optimal value and thus produce a consistent output amplitude. This in combination with the Noise cancellation system makes it easy to record sound with low amplitudes.
• Sound pressure level meter/logger. Monitor sound pressure level (SPL) 24/7 with the built in SPL meter. View the measured sound/noise levels graphically with the built in viewer. In the graph you can see the parameters Lmax, Lmin, Lpeak and Leq which provides a very useful means of describing the sound levels. Amplitude data can be searched for and exported to an MS Excel compatible format for further analysis.
• Pre-recording digital filters. Adjustable digital filters (LP, HP, BP, Notch, 3-band equalizer) can be applied to the audio recording. This can be used to attenuate unwanted signals or noise from the audio recording.
• Instant timer recording. Right-click the recorder button to quickly add a timer recording in the selected recording mode.
• File splitter. Recordings can automatically be splitted and saved after a pre-defined file size or time duration.
• FTP support. Recordings and snapshot images of the SPL meter/logger can automatically be uploaded to an FTP-server. This makes it possible to view the graph and listen to recordings from remote locations using smart phones etc.
• E-mail handling. After the recording is saved the audio file can automatically be sent by e-mail to designated address. You can also create voice mail with the integrated voice mail function. TLS encrypted connections are supported.
• Scheduler. Snooper can be setup to get activated in different recorder modes and with different recording devices at specific time and date.
• Trigger event. Play a selectable sound or start an external program when a trigger sound occurs. Delete file after it’s sent by email with a script, copy file to backup storage, database etc.
• Smart storage. All recorded sound files can be stored in a date folder hierarchy for easy organization of the sound files.
Tip: Sync the folder structure with Dropbox, Google drive or similar service for remote access to the files from smart phones etc.
• Encryption. Snooper can after a recording automatically encrypt the recorded sound file. Useful when transferring the recording over internet by mail or FTP.
• Frequency analyzer. Built in Real time frequency analyzer (spectrum analyzer and octave analyzer) shows a detailed picture of the input sound signal.
Changes in 1.45.2
• More flexible hotkeys setup.
• A minimize to tray problem fixed.
Homepage – http://www.snooper.se