Slimjet is free and slim browser which built on top of the Chromium open-source project on which Google Chrome is also based. It enjoys the same speed and reliablity provided by the underlying blink engine as Google Chrome. However, many additional features and options have been added in Slimjet to make it more powerful, intelligent and customizable than Chrome. In addition to that, Slimjet DOES NOT send any usage statistics back to Google’s server like Google Chrome, which is a growing concern for many Chrome users due to the ubiquitous presence and reach of the advertising empire. Slimjet is compatible with all extensions and plugins designed for Google Chrome available from the Chrome web store.
• QuickFill form filler. Let you open the page and sign in in one step.
• Fully customizable toolbar. Add or remove additional toolbar buttons which give you quick access to various features
• One-click Facebook integration. Share your online activities on facebook with a single click
• Download online streaming videos. Easily download online streaming videos to local hard disk with option to extract the mp3 audio file.
• Instant photo upload. Automatically shrink photo to decimate photo uploading time.
• Photo salon. Frame and enhance photos right before they are uploaded.
• Flexible web page translation. Translate a full page or selected text between any two specified languages.
• Integrate with popular web services. Easily share the current page on various web services such as Twitter, Google Plus, Blogger, WordPress, Gmail, Hotmail, StumbleUpon.
• Proxy switcher. Define multiple proxies and switch between them easily. Added explicit support of socks5 proxy.
• URL alias. Type short alias instead of long URL in omnibox to save time.
• Upload clipboard image. Easily upload clipboard image with a single click. No need to save it to a file first and then upload the file.
• Weather condition and forecast. Give current weather condition right on the toolbar. 7-day forecast information is one-click away.
• Auto refresh web page. Auto refresh one or more web pages based on a preset period.
• Enhanced autofill from predefined identity information. Added support of login id and preferred password to the autofill feature available in Chrome.
• Quickly switch search engine. Added a drop down button at the right end of the omnibox which allows users to quickly switch between different search engines.
• Save webpage screenshot. Save screenshot of the entire page as an image file.
• Flexible new tab behavior control. Added option to automatically open a new tab when entering a url. Added option to open a new tab in foreground by default.
• Stop all gif animations. Added a global option to stop all gif animations from playing.
• Allow mixed-mode http/https content. Added option to allow mixed http/https content to run properly.
• Option to disable desktop notification. Added option to quickly disable all desktop notifications that many users find annoying in Chrome.
Changes in Slimjet 18.104.22.168 (2015-12-04):
* Update language files
* Fixed another bug with form filler.
Homepage – http://www.slimjet.com/