Resource Hacker is a small and freeware tool to view, modify, rename, add, delete and extract resources in 32bit & 64bit Windows executables and resource files (*.res). It incorporates an internal resource script compiler and decompiler and works on all (Win95 – Win7) Windows operating systems. Resource Hacker FX is little patch which improve Resource Hacker functions and fixed some bugs
• Viewing Resources: Cursor, Icon, Bitmap, GIF, AVI, and JPG resource images can be viewed. WAV and MIDI audio resources can be played. Menus, Dialogs, MessageTables, StringTables, Accelerators, Delphi Forms, and VersionInfo resources can be viewed as decompiled resource scripts. Menus and Dialogs can also be viewed as they would appear in a running application.
• Saving Resources: Resources can be saved as image files (*.ico, *.bmp etc), as script files (*.rc), as binary resource files (*.res), or as untyped binary files (*.bin).
• Modifying Resources: Resources can be modified by replacing the resource with a resource located in another file (*.ico, *.bmp, *.res etc) or by using the internal resource script compiler (for menus, dialogs etc). Dialog controls can also be visually moved and/or resized by clicking and dragging the respective dialog controls prior to recompiling with the internal compiler.
• Adding Resources: Resources can be added to an application by copying them from external resource files (*.res).
• Deleting Resources: Most compilers add resources into applications which are never used by the application. Removing unused resources can reduce an application’s size.
What does the patcher change:
• Partial Unicode support.
• More details.
• A new interface with modern icons and a manifest.
• Icons by Yusuke Kamiyamane.
• Resource Hacker FX does not create tree nodes for every language. Usually only one language is used anyway, so it makes it much faster to navigate through resources.
• Resource Hacker FX uses the new open and save common dialogs instead of the old outdated ones. Also, some saving as parameters got improved: the directory of the current file is initially shown, the file name gets filled, the extension is automatically added if not specified.
• If you have a modified file open and you close Resource Hacker FX, you have a Cancel option when asked whether you would like to save the file. Also, if you choose to save it, it just gets saved instead of saving as.
• The Hex viewer shows only the first 10 KB of the binary resource by default to prevent hanging Resource Hacker FX. I could not really fix it, as it’s the Rich Edit control’s fault, it’s quite slow with large texts. Well, it’s not too smart to use Rich Edit to view a Hex dump, but that’s how it works. 10 KB should be usually enough to understand what the resource is about. If it isn’t, you can hold shift to load the whole resource.
• Other minor additions, like e.g. double click to replace resource, minimizing/maximizing effects.
• Lots of bug fixes.
Changes in v1.4.19 (August 14, 2014)
• Fixed compiling scripts with long lines and word wrapping turned off.
Homepage – http://rammichael.com/resource-hacker-fx