Process Lasso is an automated Windows process (program) management and optimization utility. By managing the programs running on your computer, Process Lasso increases system responsiveness and helps to prevents system stalls. It accomplishes this through our ProBalance technology. This proprietary algorithm dynamically adjusts the priorities of running programs so that some are given higher priority access to the CPU(s) than others. With Process Lasso, no longer will single, or multiple, processes be able to bring your system to a virtual stall. Process Lasso will let you keep interacting with your computer, even when it is totally swamped.
In addition to the ProBalance technology, users can tweak how their programs are run. Process Lasso offers a number of unique and helpful capabilities. These include default priority classes, default CPU affinities, disallowed processes, keep running processes, per-process Power Profiles, a process watchdog, and process instance count limits. These features give you the ability to control how programs utilize your computer’s resources based on automatic settings. With Process Lasso, you can decide exactly how you want your processes to run.
Process Lasso uses virtually no system resources itself, being written in highly optimized native x32 and x64 C++. The core engine can run stand-alone and consume as little as 1-3MB of RAM.
Process Priority and CPU Affinity Optimization
- ProBalance retains system responsiveness during high loads by dynamic process priority and/or CPU affinity adjustments
- Hyper-Threaded core avoidance
Process Settings Automation
- Persistent (saved) CPU, memory, and I/O priorities, CPU affinities, and other process settings
- Disallowed processes, terminate problematic processes every time they are seen running
- Instance limits, limit the number of instances a process may have per user session, or for the whole PC
- Restart selected processes if they terminate, crash, or are closed
- Watchdog allows custom rules. When processes go over a CPU or virtual memory threshold, one can execute a command, change their CPU affinity, process priority class, I/O priority, trim the working set, log the occurrence, and more!
Power Profile Automation
- EnergySaver – Run at maximal performance while active, but conserve energy when idle.
- Application Power Profiles – switch power profiles when given applications are running. For instance, switch to ‘High Performance’ when you start a game
- Anti-Sleep – Keep the PC and/or display awake when specified processes are running
- Unique System Responsiveness calculation – Accurately shows responsiveness of your by percentage, based on real-time latency in the Windows user interface.
- Stand-alone core engine that can run as a system service
- Designed for multi-user environments
- Control core parking, and visualize parked CPUs in real-time
- Minimal resource use and totally optional GUI that goes into a sleep-mode when minimized to the tray
- Log of processes launched, and statistics on process duration and average CPU use when they exit
• Silent installer with command line switches for easy deployment
- Optional password protection on configuration
- Silent and automated updates
- Process Lasso runs on all editions of Windows XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, 7, 8, and 2012.
- So much more…
Homepage – http://bitsum.com/prolasso.php