Process Hacker is a free, powerful, multi-purpose tool that helps you monitor system resources, debug software and detect malware.
Many of you have probably used Process Explorer in the past. Process Hacker has several advantages:
- Process Hacker is open source and can be modified or redistributed.
- Process Hacker is more customizable.
- Process Hacker shows services, network connections, disk activity, and much more!
- Process Hacker is better for debugging and reverse engineering.
- A detailed overview of system activity with highlighting.
- Graphs and statistics allow you quickly to track down resource hogs and runaway processes.
- Can’t edit or delete a file? Discover which processes are using that file.
- See what programs have active network connections, and close them if necessary.
- Get real-time information on disk access.
- View detailed stack traces with kernel-mode, WOW64 and .NET support.
- Go beyond services.msc: create, edit and control services.
- And much more…
- Windows XP (SP2)/Vista/7/8/10, 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Intel Itanium platforms are not supported.
Changes in Process Hacker 2.39:
- * Improved compatibility with security and anti-cheat software
* Added ability to edit process environment variables
* Fixed .NET process detection
- * Improved tooltip information for dllhost.exe
* Removed Terminator
* Updated DotNetTools plugin:
– Fixed .NET assembly tab performance issues
– Added extra .NET memory counters to the .NET performance tab
– Added “Show sizes in bytes” checkbox to the .NET performance tab
– Added right-click menu to the .NET assembly tab
* Updated ExtendedTools plugin:
– Fixed “No process” disk event bug
* Updated HardwareDevices plugin:
– Fixed incorrect drive letters
– Fixed drive letter and panel clipping issue