Pidgin is an easy to use and free chat client used by millions which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. It supports all porpular chat nerworks such as: AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo!, IRC, MSN. Pidgin runs on Windows, Linux, and other UNIX operating systems. Pidgin supports many features of these chat networks, such as file transfers, away messages, buddy icons, custom smilies, and typing notifications. Numerous plugins also extend Pidgin’s functionality above and beyond the standard features.
Pidgin integrates with the system tray on Windows, GNOME2, KDE 3, and KDE 4.
Pidgin is free and contains no ads. All our code is open source and licensed under the GNU General Public License. This means you can get Pidgin’s underlying code and modify it to suit your needs, as long as you publish the changes you make for everyone to benefit from as well.
Changes in version 2.10.11 (11/23/14)
• Fix handling of Self-Signed SSL/TLS Certificates when using the NSS plugin (#16412)
• Improve default cipher suites used with the NSS plugin (#16262)
• Add NSS Preferences plugin which allows the SSL/TLS Versions and cipher suites to be configured (#8061)
• Fix a bug that prevented plugin to load when compiled without GnuTLS. (mancha) (#16431)
• Fix build for platforms without AF_LOCAL definition. (#16404)
• Fix broken login due to server change (dx, TReKiE). (#16451, #16455)
• Fail early when buddy list is unavailable instead of wasting bandwidth endlessly re-trying.
Homepage – http://pidgin.im