PeaZip is a general purpose file and archive manager application, aiming to provide a cross-platform graphical interface for many Open Source archiving and compression utilities in order to handle most of available archiving formats like 7Z, RAR (extraction), TAR, ZIP and many other ones, see Supported formats chapter for more information. PeaZip also collects a set of handy file management tools: robust file copy, split and join files, fast or secure file deletion, calculation of a wide set of checksums and hashes over selected files, byte-to-byte comparison of two files, web search etc.
Cross-platform, full-featured but user-friendly alternative to WinRar, WinZip and similar general purpose archive manager applications, works with 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX – view full list of supported file formats for archiving and extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving – view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
This software deploys a powerful and complete file manager, featuring a wide set of data security functions: manage encrypted files, encrypted password manager, secure delete, and file hashing.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (150+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files…), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion…).
The distinctive trait of PeaZip is the innovative and easy to use compression/extraction interface, more similar to CD burners interfaces rather than to a classic file compressor. This design makes extremely simple to check (and update) items set for compression and extraction, integrating a full featured file manager component.
Also, tasks created in the GUI can be easily saved as batch scripts, in order to automate backup operations, or for fine tuning, or for learning purpose, bridging the gap between the ease of use of GUI applications and power and flexibility of console.
• Compress to 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ/ZPAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, sfx, TAR, WIM, XZ, ZIP file format
• Open and extract over 150 archive types, including ACE, ISO, RAR, UDF, ZIPX files
• Archive management: extract, create and convert multiple archives at once, create sfx archives, split and merge files, save job definition as script
• File management: advanced search, navigation and bookmarking features, find duplicate files, calculate checksums and hashes
• Security: strong encryption with two factor authentication (with optional key file), password manager (with optional strong encryption protection), secure deletion
• Available both for Windows and Linux in portable and installable version
Homepage – http://www.peazip.org/