NetWorx is a free and simple, yet powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth consumption situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connections. NetWorx can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.
The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or just a specific network connection, such as Ethernet or PPP. The software also features an array of highly customisable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity — such as unusually heavy data flow — occurs. It can also automatically disconnect all dial-up connections and shut the system down.
With NetWorx you can:
• Find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is and how much Internet traffic you consume.
• Verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly.
• Detect a suspicious network activity on your computer.
• Perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route.
• Be notified about excessive Internet usage.
What’s New: v5.4.0 (2015-05-11):
• Added Y-axis labels rounding to good-looking values on the graph, e.g. 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K.
• Added logarithmic scale on the graph to enable showing very small and very large values together.
• Added a monthly total in daily auto reports and HTML reports are sent inline, not as attachment.
• Added SNMPv3 support for monitoring the router (see the hidden settings).
Homepage – http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/