Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager that are a replacement for Windows Explorer. It uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout and provides a efficient way of working with folders and files. Multi Commander has a everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient. It has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view. But Multi Commanders big strength is the special features that allow you to do advanced task with ease. Like Auto-unpacking , Auto-sorting , Browse inside archives, registry and FTP, Search for file, View files and pictures and the Scripting support let you automate many task. And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcut so you can work fast and efficient.
Multi Commander offers a wide range of features.
• Support both Windows Explorer styled keyboard/mouse setup and the popular Commander Styled keyboard/mouse setup
• Support Drag & Drop
• Copy/Move operation support filtering and plugin for special situation.
• Zip, 7Zip, Tar, Gz can be browsed like a folder.
• FTP, Portable Device , Registry are exposed in the file system
• Multi-Rename tool with powerful rename operations.
• View text/logs files of ANY size with minimum memory usage (even of the log file are many gigabytes)
• And very very much more.
Multi Commander works on Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / Server 2008 (R2) / Windows 7 / Windows 8.x / Server 2012 (R2)
Changes in Multi Commander Release v5.1.1 (Build 1926) ( 18-Apr-2015 ):
Minor fixes. 20+ Changes.
• ADDED – Commandline field now support “#[devicelabel]” and it switch to the current path of that device. (Wildcard supported)
• ADDED – View filter support filtering on size with “>SizeUnit” / “500M”, “<30G" , "<500k" • FIXED - 7Zip error handing improved. • FIXED - Customize Keyboard window should work better in high DPI • FIXED - Page scrolling in thumbnail list mode now works better. • FIXED - Thumbnail detail mode did not always show the thumbnail. • FIXED - Issue with copy progress windows. • FIXED - 2 crash issues reported by Crash report system. Screenshot:
Homepage – http://multicommander.com/