The .NET Framework is a software platform released by Microsoft. The basis of the platform is the Common Language Runtime (CLR), which can perform both normal programs and server-based Web applications. The .NET Framework supports the creation of programs written in different programming languages. The platform is necessary for the installation and correct operation of many programs, so users need it.
- Version 1.0 is now practically not used; therefore it is recommended to install it only when necessary when working with programs that require it (Visual Studio 2002, Sound Forge of some versions, etc.). Version 1.1 does not include version 1.0, does not need or replace it with the installation. It is used more often. However, it is recommended to install it as necessary, only for those programs that are rigidly attached to it. This is because the .NET Framework 2.0 package provides backward compatibility with previous versions, and most programs are written under 1.0 and 1.1 work without problems in the 2.0 environment (as well as programs written under 1.0 can run under version 1.1). To avoid conflicts, it is not recommended to put versions 1.0 and 1.1 at the same time (some records in the registry are common). Versions 1.1 and 1.1 SP1 are included in the operating systems Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 SP1 / R2SP1 / SP2 / R2SP2, respectively. Version 1.1 SP1 also applies to disks with Windows XP SP2 and SP3 operating systems (as a separate distribution).
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 x64 editions, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Version 2.0 SP2 includes versions 2.0 and 2.0 SP1 and replaces them with the installation. The latest version that supports Windows 2000. To install this and previous versions under this operating system, you may need to install the update KB835732. This version is included in the operating systems Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 SP2 / R2 and Windows 7.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Version 3.0 SP2 does not include version 2.0 of SP2 but requires it to be installed. Downloadable by reference unofficial distribution includes both of these versions for x86 and x64 systems. The Russian language package for version 3.0 SP2 is not included in the distribution package and does not cover it separately. When installing on a clean system, you may need the Microsoft Core XML Services 6.0 aka MSXML 6.0 Parser component (included in the distribution package). This version is included in the operating systems Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 SP2 / R2 and Windows 7.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows XP
- Version 3.5 SP1 includes versions 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2. At the beginning of the installation, it tries to connect to the Internet to download the language pack. If you already have this package, the installation should be done while offline. After several unsuccessful attempts to connect, the installation will continue in the normal mode. This version is included in the operating systems Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Version 4 does not include the previous versions (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5), does not require their presence during installation and does not replace them. Client Profile is intended for users and provides the launch of applications using the functions of the platform NET Framework 4 Full contains additional functions not included in the Client Profile, designed for application developers.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Version 4.5 is an in-place upgrade of the .NET Framework 4 version, which is highly compatible. Version 4.5 replaces version 4.0 and does not include previous versions (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5), is included with OS Windows 8. Deleting version 4.5 also removes earlier versions 4.0. If you need to return to version 4.0, you must reinstall version 4.0 with all the updates.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2; Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 platform is an in-place upgrade of Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, which is highly compatible. You can use this package for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 is a high-performing on-site replacement for Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1, and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2. This package can be used for Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2012 R2; Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 is a highly compatible in-place upgrade for Microsoft .NET Framework versions 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6 and 4.6.1 for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
.NET Application Development Environments:
- Microsoft Visual Studio (C #, Visual Basic .NET, Managed C ++)
- Borland Developer Studio (Delphi for .NET, C #)
- PascalABC.NET, and so on.
.NET Framework Setup Verification Tool – utility for checking the correctness of the installation. NET Framework version of June 24, 2014 (does not support NET Framework 4.5.3).
.NET Framework Cleanup Tool – a tool to remove the .NET Framework version from June 24, 2014 (does not support NET Framework 4.5.3). (In case the uninstallation through the “Add / Remove Programs” does not work).
Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool is designed to fix problems with installing or upgrading Microsoft. NET Framework. This tool tries to solve problems by applying known patches, or by restoring already installed versions. The program supports .NET Framework 4.5.1, 4.5, 4, 3.5 SP1 (including 3.0 SP2 and 2.0 SP2).
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 – 4.6.2 Final RePack by D!akov [En]
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full x86/x64
.NET Framework 4.6.2 Full x86/x64 (12-17-2016)
.NET Framework AIO for XP x86 (03-15-2017)