Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit protects against targeted attacks and corporate cyber-espionage. It protects where traditional measures fail. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is vulnerability-agnostic. Unlike intrusion detection and prevention products, an application being protected by Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit cannot be exploited through zero-day vulnerabilities, now or in the future. Unlike other vulnerability and intrusion detection products, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit does not require a patient-zero infection. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is malware-agnostic. Unlike antivirus and security suites, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit does not care if the malicious payload can be detected by antivirus signatures, heuristics or by any other means. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit prevents execution of malicious shellcode and payload even when antivirus products cannot detect it. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit detects what antivirus products normally miss, making it the perfect companion to traditional antivirus and security suites.
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is the most complete anti-exploit tool on the market. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit incorporates multiple protection layers, which work in harmony to block exploit attempts at different stages of the vulnerability attack. All techniques are 100% generic and do not depend on blacklisting signature updates, white-listing or sandboxing, making it extremely reliable and resilient to known and unknown zero-day exploit attacks. In fact, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit has been proven to stop zeroday attacks without any previous knowledge of the vulnerability or the exploit.
By preventing the most dangerous phases of a exploit, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit can protect against known and unknown zero-day arbitrary code execution exploit attacks in a simple to use, install-and-forget endpoint security solution.
How it works for you
• Three layers of exploit protection (protection against Operating System security bypasses, memory caller protection, application behavior protection)
• Proactive technology
• Protection for older Windows operating systems, including Windows XP
• Ability to add and manage custom shields
• No signature database
• Small footprint
• Anti-malware and antivirus compatible
• Blocks unknown and known exploit kits
What it does for you
• Protects browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera
• Protects browser components, including Java and Flash
• Defends against drive-by download attacks
• Shields vulnerable applications, including Microsoft Office, PDF readers, and media players
• Operating System: Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (Service Pack 3). All operating systems are supported in both 32 and 64-bit editions.
• CPU: 800 MHz or faster
• RAM: 1024 MB (256 MB for Windows XP)
• Free Disk Space: 10 MB (initial, log retention may influence this number)
• Screen Resolution: 800×600 or higher
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium 1.06.1.1019 (April 21, 2015):
* Added new Layer3 mitigations for IE, Java and Office.
* Added default protection for more popular browsers.
* Added Chromium-based browser application family.
* Added new alert window with exploit details.
* Added protection traybar tooltip notification.
* Added advanced configuration of mitigations per family.
* Added configuration for general settings.
* Added browse button when adding custom shields.
* Added new mechanism to reduce known false positives.
* Added anonymous submission of blocked exploits.
* Added confirmation window for file-format exploit submissions.
* Added Premium notifications in Free/Trial builds.
* Added support for Windows 10.
* Improved upgrade process to maintain existing custom shields.
* Improved visibility in GUI of Management Console exclusions.
* Improved error and crash reporting.
* Improved missing GUI notification for guest user accounts.
* Improved managed installation to avoid Start Menu folder creation.
* Improved settings tab by removing the need for Apply button.
* Fixed false positive with Word or Excel under certain conditions.
* Fixed false positive with LoadLibrary exploit mitigation.
* Fixed false positive with web-based Java applications.
* Fixed bug with timestamp conversions.
* Fixed bug which could cause protection to stop during startup.
* Fixed bug whereby LUA could start/stop protection.
* Fixed bug when trying to activate invalid license.
* Fixed user interface bug in settings tab.