Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 is designed to scan and disinfect x86 and x64-compatible computers that have been infected. The application should be used when the infection is so severe that it is impossible to disinfect the computer using anti-virus applications or malware removal utilities (such as Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool) running under the operating system. In this case, disinfection is more efficient because malware programs do not gain control when the operating system is being loaded. In the emergency repair mode, you can only start objects scan tasks, update databases roll back updates and view statistics.
Kaspersky Lab products are always upgraded and renewed. In order to restore your system, Kaspersky Lab specialists recommend to use the latest version of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.
Once Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 is downloaded, record it to a CD / DVD or any USB device and then start your computer from it.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 allows performing the following actions:
* Configure objects scan settings:
• change security level
• change actions to be performed on detected objects
• create a scan scope
• change types of objects to be scanned
• limit scan time
• configure scan of compound files
• change a scan method
• set default settings
* Configure databases update settings:
• select an update source
• specify proxy-server settings
• specify regional settings
• roll back to previous databases
* Configure additional settings:
• select detection of specific threat types
• create a trusted zone
• configure notifications settings
• specify time of storing reports
• specify time of storing Quarantine and Backup objects
* Create a report on scan and update tasks.
* View statistics about applican’s functioning.
• 480 MB available hard drive space
• Internet connection
• Computer mouse
• Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher
• Windows Installer 3.0 and higher
• Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor or a compatible equivalent
• Video adapter GMA950 or higher
• Screen resolution 800×600 or above