Kaspersky Anti-Virus is an application designed for protection of home users’ computers against the main digital threats. Kaspersky Internet Security is an all-purpose application designed for comprehensive protection of home users’ computers against digital threats. Kaspersky Internet Security provides comprehensive computer protection against known and new threats, network and phishing attacks, and spam. Various functions and protection components are available as part of Kaspersky Internet Security to deliver comprehensive protection. Protection components are designed to protect the computer against known and new threats, network attacks, fraud, and spam. Every type of threat is handled by an individual protection component. Components can be enabled or disabled independently of one another, and their settings can be configured.
• File Anti-Virus. File Anti-Virus prevents infection of the computer’s file system.
• Mail Anti-Virus. Mail Anti-Virus scans incoming and outgoing email messages on your computer.
• Web Anti-Virus. Web Anti-Virus intercepts and blocks the execution of scripts on websites if they pose a threat. Web Anti-Virus also monitors all web traffic and blocks access to dangerous websites.
• IM Anti-Virus. IM Anti-Virus ensures the safe use of instant messengers.
• Application Control. Application Control logs actions performed by applications in the operating system, and manages applications’ activities based on the group to which the component has assigned an application.
• Firewall. Firewall ensures your security when you use local networks and the Internet. T
• Network Monitor. Network Monitor is designed for monitoring network activity in real time.
• System Watcher. System Watcher component can be used to roll back malware actions in the operating system.
• Network Attack Blocker. Network Attack Blocker loads at operating system startup and tracks incoming network traffic for activities characteristic of network attacks.
• Anti-Spam. Anti-Spam integrates into the email client installed on your computer and scans all incoming email messages for spam.
• Anti-Phishing. Anti-Phishing allows checking URLs to find out if they are included in the list of phishing URLs.
• Anti-Banner. Anti-Banner blocks ad banners on websites and in application interfaces.
• Safe Money. Safe Money provides protection of confidential data when using online banking services and payment systems, and prevents theft of funds when making online payments.
• Secure Keyboard Input. Secure Keyboard Input provides protection from keyloggers for personal data entered on websites.
• Trusted Applications mode. Trusted Applications mode protects the computer from applications that may be unsafe.
• Parental Control. Parental Control is designed to protect children and teenagers from threats related to computer and Internet use.
• Participating in the Protect a Friend program. Participation in the Protect a Friend program allows you to receive bonus points when you share links to Kaspersky internet Security with your friends.
Kaspersky Internet Security provides the following new features:
• User warnings when connecting to unprotected Wi‑ Fi networks have been added.
• Functionality for blocking unauthorized access to the webcam has been improved. Access to the web camera video streams is blocked.
• Protection of data in the clipboard against theft and interception has been added.
• An option to switch to Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Total Security has been added.
• Protection against unauthorized screenshots has been improved. Kaspersky Internet Security now protects you against unauthorized screenshots by using DirectX® and OpenGL.
• Functioning of the System Watcher component has been improved: protection against cryptors has been implemented. Kaspersky Internet Security creates Backup copies of files before they are encrypted by a malicious cryptor. This allows restoring these files from their Backup copies. Backup copies of files are stored in the system folder for temporary files (Temp).
• Parental Control functionality has been enhanced: the list of websites covered by Safe Search has been expanded.
• Configuration of Parental Control, Safe Money, and Trusted Applications mode has been simplified.
• Protection in Trusted Applications mode has been enhanced: applications are now monitored at an early stage of operating system startup and protection of .NET applications has been implemented.
• The latest versions of popular web browsers are now supported: protection components (such as Kaspersky URL Advisor and Safe Money) support Mozilla™ Firefox™ 29.x, 30.x, 31.x, Internet Explorer® 11, Google Chrome™ 36.x.
• Application performance has been improved and computer resource consumption has been optimized.
• Less time is required to start the application.
• Support for Windows® 8.1 Update has been added.
• The application upgrade process has been improved.
• The size of the application distribution package has been reduced.
MINIMUM HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
• Intel® Pentium® III 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64) processor or faster (or compatible equivalent)
• 480 MB free hard drive space (depending on the size of the anti-virus databases)
• CD/DVD drive (for installing from the installation CD)
• Internet access (for activating the application and updating databases and software modules)
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
• Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or later
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or later
• For Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3 or later), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3 or later), and Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Service Pack 2 or later):
* 512 MB free RAM
• For Microsoft Windows Vista® Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x32 (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise, Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8.1 Pro (Windows 8.1 Update), and Windows 8.1 Enterprise (Windows 8.1 Update):
* 1 GB free RAM (for 32-bit operating systems) or 2 GB free RAM (for 64-bit operating systems)
Homepage – www.kaspersky.com/internet-security