JRiver Media Center is the most comprehensive and seamless software available for managing and playing your media. Its scope includes almost all formats of audio, video, and images. Media Center can also record television and manage documents. MC can record TV in high definition, providing an alternative to cable TV. It has a Theater View interface, controllable by a Media Center Remote, an iPad, iPhone, Android, a Windows netbook or Touchscreen. MC is a DirectShow player, so it can play almost anything. DirectShow setup is automatic with JRiver’s Red October.
JRiver Media Center is the premier audio solution. Whether you demand audiophile quality, or you want fast access to a half million files, no other software will perform like JRiver does.
JRiver Media Center offers the highest quality video available. And it plays everything, without any setup required. MC’s Red October DirectShow support is the benchmark of the industry.
Media Center turns your PC into a complete digital entertainment center.
• Media Center connects your PC to a stereo, TV, home theater, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, portable music players and UPnP player devices.
• Use Media Center for ripping and playing music, burning cds, listening to Podcasts, copying music onto a portable device and organizing your music collection using a multitude of organization fields. If you can’t find the field you need, create your own custom field.
• Encode and play all popular media formats.
• Play Web radio, TV, DVDs, Podcasts, video files and show digital images on your PC.
• Powerful utilities include three different servers for streaming music and images to remote PCs and standalone networked players.
Media Center has more advanced features than any other application for superior customization and control of a media collection.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 21.0.11 (2015-10-01):
1. Changed: Put a dash in the naming of Linkwitz-Riley.
2. Changed: Reworked the w64 changes from the previous build.
3. Changed: Setting the playback range for a file automatically sets the duration of the file to reflect that change.
4. Fixed: Stopping playback by clearing Playing Now with a big pre-buffer set and a fadeout on stop mode set would hang a little while.
5. Changed: Made some adjustments to the way borders are handled to resolve a compatibility issue with custom skins, and reduced the height of the resizing zone for the bottom border.
6. Fixed: The EPG scheduling time controls were not grayed out when Load Program Guide window was initially displayed with “Automatically load program guide everyday in the background” checkbox unchecked.
7. Changed: On Load Program Guide window, if none of the guide loading modes is selected, the “Run selected profiles now” checkbox will be grayed out.
8. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
9. NEW: RIFF Metadata Tags in W64 files are imported into the library.
10. Changed: Added more diagnostic logging entries for TV recording cleanup.
11. Changed: Marked the strings “Parameters” and “Examples” in the expression tooltip for translation.
12. Changed: Marked the string “Max” for translation in the CD burning options page.
13. Changed: Ran all the translation files through the source code translation engine to update the strings in the file.
14. Fixed: The “Set As Desktop Background” dialog didn’t scale nicely on high DPI.
15. NEW: Added a right-click menu to the Car Radio buttons that offers a choice of how many buttons to show.
Homepage – http://www.jrmediacenter.com