It’s an effect. It’s an instrument. It’s Stutter Edit—an innovative tool for both studio and stage, designed by BT and developed by iZotope.
Tear up your tracks in real time, building thrilling fills, complex effects, shimmering sweeps, and staggering stutters that will leave your listeners screaming for more. They’ll think you spent hours slaving over the slices…but all it took was a press of a key. (Don’t worry, we won’t tell.)
Push your performances and production into a new realm of musical intensity with Stutter Edit.
• Play effects like an instrument
• Remix in real-time, on stage or in the studio
• Cutting edge audio slicing and manipulation
• Elegant and intuitive MIDI control
Operating system requirements:
• Windows: XP (32-bit), Vista (64-bit), 7 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit)
• Mac: OS X 10.6 or later (Intel-based Macs only)
Pro Tools 7.4–11 (RTAS, AudioSuite, 64-bit AAX), VST, VST3, Audio Unit, DirectX
Fully Supported Hosts:
Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Pro Tools (7.4–11), Cakewalk SONAR, Steinberg Cubase 4+/Nuendo 4+, Image Line FL Studio, Cockos REAPER, MOTU Digital Performer
Note: Stutter Edit works differently than other audio effect plug-ins, it requires MIDI input from your host to trigger its effects. Not all hosts allow you to send MIDI to audio effects.
What’s New in Version 1.04 (August 8, 2013)
• Plug-in formats: Added 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11
• Please note: This update no longer supports 32-bit AAX. Customers accustomed to using 32-bit AAX in Pro Tools 10 can instead use the RTAS plug-in format without any degradation in audio quality. For your convenience, any session saved with the 32-bit AAX version of Stutter Edit will automatically open with RTAS.