Unearth a world of sounds you’ve never heard before. Driven by iZotope’s award-winning visual selection technology, iZotope Iris™ is a groundbreaking sample-based synthesizer that harnesses the power of both your eyes and your ears. Fuel your creativity with Iris’s new spin on sound design: a “visual instrument” that’s perfect for musical inspiration and sonic experimentation.
Iris is an innovative sampling re-synthesizer that frees you to create sounds that could never before be produced. Start by dissecting up to three distinctive audio samples, using Irisʼs spectrogram display and easy selection tools to spotlight the most interesting spectral characteristics. Blend and layer your modiﬁed samples, then beef up their impact with a choice of suboscillator waveforms.
Iris+7 includes Iris and all 7 Iris Sound Libraries
• Discover what’s inside any sound: Load audio into Iris and explore spectral details that a regular waveform locks away.
• Highlight what intrigues you: Extract and isolate the most interesting sonic components with a full suite of visual selection tools.
• Combine the unthinkable: Layer completely diverse sound sources into totally unique combinations… what do a tattoo needle and a swamp bird and a slot machine sound like together?
• Stay musical: Rely on intelligent root note detection to help shape musical material from noise, ambient textures, soundscapes… even mistakes!
• Enhance and invigorate your sound: Apply world-class iZotope reverbs, distortions and delays, then take advantage of extended synth features like amp envelopes and LFOs.
• Get amazing sounds immediately: Spark your imagination with over 500 patches by world-class sound designers, or design your own with Iris’s 4 GB library of diverse sound samples.
Iris runs as a plug-in or as a standalone application.
Operating system requirements:
• Windows: XP (32-bit), Vista (64-bit), 7 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit)
• Mac: OS X 10.6 or later (Intel-based Macs only)
Pro Tools 7.4–11 (RTAS, AudioSuite, 64-bit AAX), VST, VST3, Audio Unit, DirectX
Plug-in host compatibility:
Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, WaveLab, GarageBand, Logic, Audition, SONAR, ACID, Vegas, Sound Forge, Peak, Ableton Live, and many more
Note: Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.
What’s New in Version 1.01 (August 6, 2013)
Enhancements and fixes
• Plug-in formats: Added 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11
• Please note: This update no longer supports 32-bit AAX. Customers accustomed to using 32-bit AAX in Pro Tools 10 can instead use the RTAS plug-in format without any degradation in audio quality. For your convenience, any session saved with the 32-bit AAX version of Iris will automatically open with RTAS.
iZotope Iris v1.01 Incl. Emulator