Start Menu 8 is a desktop customized tool for Windows users, specifically designed to bring back the familiar Classic Start Menu to Windows 8/8.1 & Windows 10. It offers a convenient and simple solution to freely switch between the latest Window 10 start menu and Windows Classic Start Menu. It also provides multiple start menus for Windows 7/Vista/XP. With the improved searching engine, you can quickly and easily access your apps and files from start menu. Start Menu 8 allows for more customization with just a few clicks, which provides the options to skip Modern UI & Welcome on Windows 8.1 and customize your taskbar any way you like on Windows 10. Start Menu 8 gives you an option to bring back the local search bar and swap web search with Cortana. With Start Menu 8, you have options to easily change your taskbar including color, alpha, and system time display. Moreover, you can one-click merge taskbar buttons & hide the Cortana/Search box and virtual desktops button which take up substantial taskbar space.
What’s new in Start Menu 8 v4:
- Fully supported the latest Windows 10 version to perfectly switch between Windows Classic Start Menu and Windows 10 Start Menu
- Smoother Start Menu launch with much less system resource usage for better customer experience
- Added Update Automatically feature to get the latest version more quickly and convenientl
- Optimized search engine for more comprehensive and faster results
- Fixed the bug of auto-minimizing open windows on some Windows 10 system
- Fixed the occasional failure of launching Start Menu on Windows 10
- Supported 37 languages
- And more can be discovered by you
- More Efficiency and Convenience
It not only brings back the convenient Start Menu to Windows 8, but also allows you to bypass Metro screen on start of Windows 8 and boot to desktop directly.
- Easily Switch between Metro and Desktop interface
You can easily switch between two modes by pressing and holding the Windows key, depending on your preference.
- Faster Access to Programs and files
It brings back Start Menu where you can get quicker access to programs, documents and files, control panel and settings.
- Quicker Searching
Unified and instant Searching for both desktop and Metro apps decreases the time taken in Searching and makes your work more efficient.
- Customizable to your needs
You can pin programs to Start Menu and Taskbar for quicker access to your favorite programs. It’s easily customizable to have everything you need at just one click.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- 1 GHz processor or faster
- 512 MB of RAM memory
- 50 MB of free hard drive space
Homepage – http://www.iobit.com/en/iobitstartmenu8.php