Hard Disk Sentinel Professional (HDSentinel) is a hard disk monitoring software with support of HDD/SSD drives. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks and solid state disks today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive hard disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to hard disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can’t be missed. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) hard disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
Hard Disk Sentinel software system requirements
• Hardware Requirements
* Pentium or compatible CPU
* 32 megabytes of system memory
* 15 megabytes of hard disk space
* One or more hard disk or solid state disk with ATA (IDE or Serial ATA/SATA II), SCSI, SAS, USB interface.
* See Hardware compatibility pages for supported hard disk drives, SSD models, disk controllers and external hard disks / enclosures / adapters.
* Other type of external disks (IEEE 1394 or used in NAS enclosures and connected via Ethernet) are NOT supported because the hard disk controller chip in the external enclosure does not support the detection of hard disk status (S.M.A.R.T.) information.
• Software Requirements
* Windows operating system (Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Home Server, Windows 8) both 32 and 64 bit versions
* System administrator account (in service mode, it is possible to use without administrator rights and without even user logged in)
Changes in Hard Disk Sentinel 4.60 (13/1/2015)
Improvements and new features:
• showing current driver version and date on Information page for the current hard disk controller / motherboard chipset
• showing Disk Controller and controller capability for USB drives on Information page
• automatically install HDSentinel.ini (pre-configured configuration file) if available in the folder of the installer
• advanced hard disk surface test error detection / reporting method
• improved hard disk error logs
• improved real-time performance monitoring
• improved capacity-check: reporting if drives over 2 TB can’t be properly utilised due to OS / controller restrictions
Improved hardware support:
• added support for HP Smart Array RAID controllers: detecting and reporting error counters, temperature and health status, possible changes/degradations, SSD wearout provided by the RAID controller for SATA / SAS hard disks, SSDs.
• Tested with HP Smart Array E200, P400, P410, P420 and embedded B120i controllers.
• added support for Accusys hardware RAID enclosures: detection of hard disk status of Accusys 76510, 75170, etc.
• added support for RaidON MR2020-2S-S2R hardware RAID enclosure: detection of hard disk status configured in RAID 0 / RAID 1
• added support for CineRAID CR-H212 RAID enclosure and RAID enclosures with Prolific USB RAID chipset: showing complete hard disk status of both hard disks in all (standalone, BIG / JBOD, RAID0, RAID1) modes
• added support of Intel RMS25CB080 RAID controller (complete hard disk status detection of drives configured in RAID mode)
• added support of WD Black 2 hybrid drives
• improved compatibility with ASMedia SATA controllers (integrated and add-on cards) with newer drivers
• improved support for LSI MegaRAID 9361 SAS controller, Dell PERC H710P RAID controller
• improved reporting of TRIM function on different motherboard chipsets, disk controllers
• improved SAS expander / enclosure temperature detection
• improved support of Adaptec, Avago, Intel, Promise, LSI SAS RAID controllers
• improved support of various Samsung hard disks
• improved support and status reporting of hard disks with Lenovo-specific firmware
• improved support of AData, Corsair, Crucial, Intel, Kingmax, Kingfast, Kingston, LiteOn, OCZ, Plextor, PNY, Samsung, Sandisk, Smartbuy, Toshiba, Transcend SSDs
• improved support of SanDisk Extreme pendrives
• improved compatibility with Intel RST driver 12.9 and newer
• improved compatibility with Toshiba SAS hard disks
• improved compatibility with USB 3.0 IDE/SATA “combo” adapters
• improved support of Silicon Image RAID controllers with mutliple array / standalone disk configuration
• improved compatibility with external RAID enclosures with JMicron chipsets, do not display hard disks twice when they hard disks are in standalone (non-RAID, port multiplier) mode
• improved support of 2 TB 2.5″ notebook hard disks
• improved compatibility with Seagate Freeagent Dekstop drives, external USB 3.0 hard disks / enclosures / docking stations
• improved reporting of CF Card status (with CF->IDE or CF->SATA adapters)
• improved S.M.A.R.T. reporting for SCSI / SAS hard disks: showing accumulated power condition transitions, load/unload cycles (if supported by HDD)
Bug fixes, further modifications:
• fixed slow write test performance with LSI / Avago / Dell PERC / IBM / Intel SAS RAID controllers
• fixed online warranty check link for Seagate, Hitachi drives
• database updates, modifications
• improved multi-language support
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro 4.60.7377 – Final
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro 4.60.7377 Portable