HandBrake is a GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder. HandBrake is not a ripper. It converts video, it does not rip it byte by byte. It does not crack the latest DVD copy protection schemes hatched by the studios. It converts video from nearly any format to a handful of modern ones—that’s it.
HandBrake is not everything for everyone for every need. When you desire a ChickenSandwich, search out a local purveyor of prepared foodstuffs. When you desire an über-tool for all your video encoding needs, learn how to use the command line and seek out projects like mencoder.
Built-in Device Presets
Get started with HandBrake in seconds by choosing a profile optimised for your device, or choose a universal profile for standard or high quality conversions. Simple, easy, fast. For those that want more choice, tweak many basic and advanced options to improve your encodes.
Supported Input Sources:
Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
• File Containers: .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV
• Video Encoders: H.264(x264), H.265(x265) MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 (libav), VP8 (libvpx) and Theora(libtheora)
• Audio Encoders: AAC, CoreAudio AAC/HE-AAC (OS X Only), MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
• Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC and MP3 tracks
Even more features
• Title / Chapter selection
• Queue up multiple encodes
• Chapter Markers
• Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
• Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
• Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
• Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
• Live Video Preview
– Various bug fixes for all platforms and the core engine.
– Updated x265 to 1.5 which brings numerous bug fixes and some performance improvements.
Homepage – https://handbrake.fr