GoldWave is a sound editor, player, recorder, and converter for Windows. Use it to record audio from a microphone, turntable, cassette deck, or Internet streams, copy songs from CDs, or edit and restore audio. It’s fully loaded to do everything from the simplest recording and editing to the most sophisticated audio processing, restoration, enhancements, and conversions. It is easy to learn and use, so get started now by downloading the fully functional evaluation version!
* Multiple resizable sound windows with time axis, amplitude axis, and overview box.
* Independent left/right channel editing and viewing
* Detailed zoom to magnify to a sub-sample level for accurate editing
* Vertical (amplitude) zooming
* Direct editing with the mouse
* Fast non-destructive editing functions: undo, cut, copy, paste, trim, mix, delete
* Multiple levels of undo
* Intelligent editing that automatically converts sampling rates, bits, and channels when copying and pasting to different file formats
* Configurable temporary storage: hard drive or RAM
* Tool bars for editing, zooming, opening files, and effects
* Status bar with configurable time and range displays
* Standard effects: echo, volume, reverse, envelope shaping, panning, filters, resample, transpose, doppler, dynamics, noise reduction, flange, parametric EQ, time warp, and more
* Ability to save preset parameters and shapes for effects
* Independent and resizable Controls window with realtime visuals, LED meters, and controls
+ Play, pause, stop, rewind, fast forward, record, volume, balance, and speed controls
+ Realtime playback during rewind and fast forward
+ Realtime waveform, spectrum, 3D bar, spectrogram, analog meter, and more visuals
+ Flexibility to choose playback/recording devices
+ User configurable play control
+ Configurable recording options: loop, countdown timer, level activated, monitor
* Support for WAV, OGG, VOC, IFF, AIF, AFC, AU, SND, MP3, MAT, DWD, SMP, VOX, SDS, AVI, MOV, WMA, FLAC, MP4, as well as the ability to open RAW files as 8-bit, 12-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, mu-Law, A-Law, ISDN A-Law, IEEE floating point, ASCII text, Dialogic ADPCM
* Cue points tool with the ability to automatically split large files into smaller CD compatible tracks
* CD Reader tool to digitally read audio from a CD
* Effect Chain Editor tool to chain effect together
* Speech conversion tool to convert text to/from audio
* Expression evaluator for any type of sound generation and manipulation
* Complete help on all commands
* Evaluation version has no features disabled!
What’s News in GoldWave v6.09 (December 09, 2014):
GoldWave v6 requires Windows 7 64 bit or later. It will not run or install on any older or 32 bit versions of Windows.
GoldWave v6 is a major update to with many changes across the entire program, primarily for multichannel support for up to 8 channels and 64 bit executable for accessing more than 2 GB of memory. The WhatsNew file located in the folder where GoldWave is installed lists all the changes.
Larger tool bar buttons, themes, and many other interface changes have been made to improve usability. The old compiled help system and manual have been replaced with a unified help file in standard HTML format.
• Only mono, stereo, 3.1, 5.1, and 7.1 channel layouts are supported. 4 channel stereo front/rear is not supported.
• Memory storage is now used by default for faster processing. To use hard drive storage, use Options | Storage to change the setting. Files stored in memory cannot be recovered if a crash occurs.
• Settings are now stored in a file in standard XML format in the application data folder instead of the Windows registry. Licenses, which were stored in the registry, are not found automatically. A license must be entered again. Custom settings and presets from older versions of GoldWave will not be carried over to v6.
• APEFile, GWBPMCounter, GWMPVisual, DirectX plug-ins have not been updated yet.
• Some plug-ins are cannot supported. These include:
+ QTFile – 64 bit version of QTMLClient.dll is not provided by Apple.
+ GWAMP – 32 bit plug-ins cannot be loaded into a 64 bit program.
Changes in GoldWave 6.13 (2015-06-12):
* Fix for FLAC encoding
GoldWave 6.13 x64 Final – Portable
GoldWave 6.13 x64 Final
GoldWave 5.70 Final – Portable
GoldWave 5.70 Final