Free Download Manager (FDM) is a powerful, easy-to-use and absolutely free download accelerator and manager. Moreover, FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license. In addition, Free Download Manager allows you to adjust traffic usage, organize downloads, control file priorities for torrents, efficiently download large files and resume broken downloads. FDM can boost all your downloads up to 10 times, process media files of various popular formats, drag&drop URLs right from a web browser as well as simultaneously download multiple files! Our internet download manager is compatible with the most popular browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Safari. FDM supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32/64-bit
Free Download Manager Features
- BitTorrent support. Download files using BitTorrent protocol.
- Enhanced audio/video files support. Preview audio/video files before download is completed and convert file format after download.
- Download acceleration. Free Download Manager splits files into several sections and downloads them simultaneously, allowing you to use any type of connection at the maximum available speed. With FDM download speed increases, or even more!
- Resuming broken downloads. When the downloading process is interrupted, you needn’t start from the beginning again. Free Download Manager can resume broken download from where it was interrupted saving your time, nerves and money.
- Adjusting traffic usage. There are several traffic usage modes. You can adjust traffic usage for browsing the Internet and downloading files at the same time.
- Absolutely free and 100% safe. Free Download Manager is free, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
Special for version 5.1.
- Cross-platform support
- For Windows 7+ and Mac OS X 10.9+.
- Modern interface. A more streamlined UI with a friendlier approach to configuration.
Special for version 3.9
- GNU General Public License. Free Download Manager is released under GNU Public License!
Remote Control. Create new downloads or view the list of active and completed downloads remotely, via the internet.
- Portable mode. If you want to use Free Download Manager on different computers, you can easily create its portable version and avoid the need to install and configure the program on each computer.
Smart file management and powerful scheduler. With FDM you can easily organize downloaded files by their type, placing them in predefined folders. A smart scheduler allows you to start and pause downloading files, as well as perform other actions (launch other applications, establish or hang up connection, etc.) at the set time.
- Site Explorer. Site Explorer lets you view the folders structure of a web site and easily download necessary files or folders.
- HTML Spider. You can download whole web pages or even whole web sites with HTML Spider. The tool can be adjusted to download files with specified extensions only.
Simultaneous downloading from several mirrors. Free Download Manager is able to download files from several mirrors simultaneously.
- Zip files partial download. Free Download Manager lets you download only the necessary part of a zip file.
- Active spyware and adware protection through active communication among users. You can read what other community members say about the file you are going to download, right in the program window, and also leave your own opinion about the file you downloaded. In this way FDM users are always warned against useless or malicious files.
- Multi language support. Free Download Manager is translated into 30 languages. Supported languages are: Macedonian, Serbian, Albanian, Croatian, Korean, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese Traditional, Chinese, Czech, German, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Uzbek, Greek, Vietnamese, Slovenian, Persian.
- Supported OS. Recommended for Windows XP/Vista.
Changes in 3.9.7 build 1627 xpi ver. 2.1.11 (2016-06-18):
[*] Firefox extension updated.
Changes in v5.1.18 [build 4671, Sep 9, 2016] STABLE:
– Fixed a memory consumption issue on Mac OS X
Homepage – http://www.freedownloadmanager.org