- Benchmarking Software – Show how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
- Screen Capture Software – Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There’s no need to paste into a paint program every time you want a new shot. Your screen captures are automatically named and timestamped.
- Realtime Video Capture Software – Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 7680×4800 with custom frame rates from 1 to 120 frames per second!
All movies are recorded in outstanding quality. If you have Windows Media Player please sample some of the movies captured with Fraps below:
Fraps 3.5 adds the much requested feature to allow AVI movie files larger than 4 gigabytes. Fraps will now write hybrid OpenDML/AVI files and allow large movies on NTFS drives. There’s still an option to split at 4 gigabytes for legacy AVI 1.0 support.
Please be aware that the minimum system requirements have changed in Fraps 3.5.0. We now require a CPU with SSE2 instructions (Pentium 4 & above). Windows XP or higher is also now required. If you have an older system (Win2K or non-SSE2 CPU) you can still download the previous Fraps 3.4.7 release from the download page.
Minimum system requirements
- Requires Administrator rights
- Supports all modern CPUs
(Pentium 4 and above with SSE2)
- Captures fastest with an NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon graphics card
Changes in Fraps 3.5.99 – 26th February, 2013
– Fixed counter not appearing in Aero desktop (DWM) and DX10 games after latest Windows Update