Directory List & Print is a software tool for Windows™ and enables listing and printing the content of any directory in a simplest way. In addition, the file lists can be formatted, filtered, saved to several file formats and also be further processed (delete/copy/move files). By copying to the clipboard the lists can be exported into other programs or opened directly in Word™ and Excel™.
The Free Version (Freeware) has all the basic features included, the Pro Version (Shareware) provides interesting additional features.
Freeware and Pro Version
• Selection of directories to be listed by a tree structure.
• Selection of directories by entering the path as a text string.
• Drag & Drop of directories (or a file) from Windows Explorer.
• Integration of “Directory List & Print” in the context menu of directories to list any directory directly from within Windows Explorer with “Open in Directory List & Print”.
• Direct selection of important system directories as „My Documents“ (favorites).
• Listing of sub-directories and/or files with recursive sub-directory listing.
• Sort files/directories by name in NATURAL order (like Windows Explorer).
• Update file list automatically or manually.
• Display of last modification and creation date.
• Display of last modification and creation time.
• Display of file size.
• Display of file name with or without directory path.
• Display of file names with or without file extensions.
• Indication of number of entries of files and directories in the list.
• Direct printing of the corresponding list.
• Export list into other programs by copying to the clipboard. The corresponding data will be organized in columns and separated by tabs so that the list can be pasted directly into other programs.
• Open the list directly in Microsoft Word™ and Excel™.
• Automatic saving of display options when exiting the program.
• Start program with a directory path as a parameter to show directly that directory: “C:\Program Files\DirectoryListPrint.exe“ “%1“
• Automatic set up of a program shortcut on the desktop.
• Support for connecting and disconnecting network drives.
Pro Version only (Shareware)
• Save own directory favorites.
• Set directory recursion depth for subdirectories.
• Display of file attributes (Archive, Read Only, Hidden, System, Compressed, Encrypted).
• Display of calculated checksums for files: CRC32, MD5, SHA1.
• Display of the owner of files and directories.
• Display of title of document files (pdf,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx).
• Display of extent of document files if possible (pdf,doc,docx,xlsx,pptx).
• Display of program title and version number of executables (exe,dll).
• Display of duration and format for audio/video and image files.
• Display of dimensions like width, height, bit depth, frames/s.
• Display of sampling and bit rates for audio files.
• Display of a continuous numbering of the objects.
• Display of column titles in the first row.
• Show number and sum of size and duration of the displayed objects.
• Display of the date in many different international formats: dd.mm.yyyy, dd/mm/yyyy, dd-mm-yyyy, yyyymmdd, yyyy.mm.dd, yyyy/mm/dd, yyyy-mm-dd, mm.dd.yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy, mm-dd-yyyy
• Display of the time in many different international formats: hh:mm:ss, hh:mm, hh:mm:ss AM/PM, hh:mm AM/PM, hhmmss, hhmm
• Sort files/directories by name in NATURAL or ASCII order, ascending/descending.
• Sort files by date/time, size, duration (A/V), ascending/descending.
• Set filter to include or exclude certain file types.
• Set filter to include or exclude files and directories by certain terms.
• Set filter to include or exclude files by date range, date created or modified.
• Set filter to include or exclude files by attributes (Archive, Read Only, Hidden, System, Compressed, Encrypted).
• Set filter on audio/video/image properties (Width, Height, BitDepth, Resolution DpI, FrameRate FpS, BitRate KBpS, SamplingRate KHz, Duration in Seconds)
• Set filter on length of filenames, eg. to analyze the file system when copying it to a new directory structure (path+filename, filename only, >, =, <).
• Output the list directly to the default printer.
• Output the list as HTML table (font and color customizable).
• Output the list in comma- or tab-delimited file or CSV file.
• Linking of files and directories in HTML and Excel™ for direct open by mouse click.
• Action, further processing of the files in the file list with a preview of the intended processing. Listed files can be deleted, moved to the Recycle Bin, copied and moved to another destination directory. Already existing files in the target directory can be overwritten or not. The directory structure will be taken over in the destination directory.
What’s New: v2.41 (2015-04-22):
• Fixed XML output (& character displayed incorrectly).
• Fixed the selection of duration sorting.
• Several other minor improvements.