Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ is a highly ranked piece of software among the projects hosted at Sourceforge. With more than fifty million downloads, new users continue to find benefits from the software every day.
DC++ is free software, licensed under the GNU GPL 2.
DC++ is a client for the Direct Connect file sharing network. The Direct Connect network is a decentralized network, made up of individual servers (hubs) that users join to share files with other members on that hub. Each hub is individually run by a fellow user of the Direct Connect network, and may have certain themes to the content on the hub. Hub owners set up rules to regulate their hub as they see fit.
DC++ is, based on observable factors, the most prevalent client on the Direct Connect network. Below are some of its features:
- No ads, spyware, or bundled software that you don’t need
- Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
- Joins multiple hubs at the same time
- Multiple protocol support (ADC & NMDC)
- List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
- Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
- Tiger Tree Hashes (TTH) used for file integrity
- Search across all (or selected) connected hubs by file type, size, name or hash
- Resume of downloads, with optional automatic search for alternate sources by TTH
- Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages, downloads, and uploads
- Automatic connectivity setup with autoconfiguration of UPnP and NAT-PMP routers
- MAGNET link support for linking to specific content
- Automatic and manual download priorities
- Saving of user’s file lists for browsing and queueing
- GUI is translated into many languages using community supplied Gettext .po language files
- Segmented downloading
- NAT-Traversal support
- SSL encrypted secure hub-client communication and file transfers
- Bandwidth limiting capabilities
- Plugin support
DC++ 0.862 comes over a year after DC++ 0.851; it contains a flurry of improvements and updates the various libraries used by the program, leading to more stability and security.
– Better Windows 10 compatibility.
– Download queue toolbar.
– Better IPv6 connectivity.
– More favorite hub settings.
– Chat box improvements.
– Hub connectivity status icons.
– Hardened connection security.
And as usual, there are many tweaks here and there to make your DC++ experience more enjoyable! 🙂
Over version 0.860, DC++ 0.862 fixes some connectivity setting issues and updates libraries and the compiler used to build the program.
Note: Windows XP and pre SSE2 CPUs are no longer supported by DC++
Screenshot – http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/gallery.html
Homepage – http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/