A new version of CuteFTP has just been released and now the world’s favorite FTP client is better than ever. Along with general performance improvements, we’ve added several key features. From mobility to global communication to top-notch security, CuteFTP does it all!
What’s New in CuteFTP Version 9
– Consolidation of CuteFTP Lite, Home and Pro
CuteFTP has been consolidated into one, powerful FTP client. The new CuteFTP v9 has all the power and security you’ve come to expect in Pro plus the new critical enhancements.
– Addition of TappIn, a Secure Mobile File Sharing Application
With TappIn, you can securely access and share files on your computer to any other device: iPad, iPhone, Android, laptop, desktop, Mac, or Kindle Fire. This addition of a non-cloud file sharing solution gives you the flexibility to share files with others who may not have access to an FTP client. A sample TappIn connection will be included by default.
– Support for UNICODE Character Set
CuteFTP v9 supports the UTF-8 character set throughout the product.
– Migration of Sites and Options
Sites and Global Options settings in previous installation will be automatically migrated during upgrade.
– WebDAV Support
CuteFTP v9 includes support for the WebDAV protocol in order to provide additional possible endpoints for CuteFTP.
– Improved context-sensitive help
Of course, CuteFTP v9 has all of the other key features that you love:
* Comprehensive protocol options, including FTP/S (SSL), HTTP/S (SSL), SFTP(SSH2)
* OpenPGP encryption, One Time Password authentication protocol, and Password Manager
* Schedule fast, fully-automated transfers
* Safely backup or synchronize your sites
* Easily monitor local folders for changes
* Create labor and time saving scripts and macros
* Create podcast RSS feeds and manage audio files
* Connect to new sites in a snap with step-by-step wizards
* Painlessly edit remote documents with a built-in editor
* Drag and drop files for fast and easy movement – up to 100 concurrent transfers
* View thumbnails of remote images
* Securely work with multiple remote sites at one time
CuteFTP System Requirements
– Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
– An Internet connection, for accessing remote servers
– Web browser (for online registration, accessing the Knowledgebase, and accessing Support information)
Changes in 9.0.5 (July 22, 2013)
• Updated HTML Editor to use Scintilla editor
• Added site-based “Treat times in listings as local server time” setting
• Addressed issues with incorrect modified time for downloaded files
• Addressed issue where changes to remote file are not saved
• Addressed several application stability issues
• Addressed issue where ‘GetResult’ command does not return entire listing
• Addressed issue where files/folders were not listed when connecting to Unix-style directory
• Addressed failed uploads over SFTP when connecting to Unix-style systems with Symbolic Linked folders
• Addressed hang when transferring large numbers of files/folders
• Addressed minor registration issues