cFosSpeed is the internet accelerator software which optimizes your Internet connections with Traffic Shaping and Prioritization technology. It increases your throughput and reduces your Ping, Keep your internet fast during heavy upload/download, improve your Ping for online games and reduce audio/video streaming problems. cFosSpeed is compatible with all access types: DSL, Cable, Mobile Broadband (2G/3G), WiFi, etc.
cFosSpeed’s Traffic Shaping technology does keep ping times low and transfer rates consistently high at the same time.
If you are playing a game online without Traffic Shaping and run an upload or download at the same time, ping times to your game server will rise. Less data traffic means better (i.e., lower) ping. Especially with filesharing programs and other applications that send out lots of data, ping times often skyrocket resulting in serious lag. This will also slow down your in-game reaction time horrendously.
Traffic Shaping alleviates this problem by allowing file sharing and downloads to run in the background while gaming. This may still raise ping times minimally though. Therefore, we recommend you to keep “Favor Ping” activated at such times. By default, filesharing programs are set to very low priority. Now, this should not be taken to mean they are artificially slowed or even altogether stalled. What it does mean, however, is that such data will be briefly delayed when more important data like online game traffic needs to be transmitted. Only this priority scheme makes it possible to have filesharing programs run at maximum transfer rates while still using the same connection for other applications at the same time.
Home Page – http://www.cfos.de/
Trial Reset v4.1 (by BBs)
cFosSpeed: Internet Tuning and Prioritization
Use your real bandwidth: high speed, low ping.
Internet Tuning / Traffic Shaping
- If ACKs are not sent fast enough, downloads may be slow during uploads (the classic Traffic Shaping).
- Windows TCP Auto-Tuning may result in too slow downloads. cFosSpeed’s RWIN expansion can increase the speed.
cFosSpeed can also accelerate downloads for certain applications.
- cFosSpeed keeps the overall ping time low, even during heavy uploads and downloads.
Prioritization – Your important streams first
- With the cFosSpeed prioritization scheme, you can always give all your programs full bandwidth because cFosSpeed decides which streams must be prioritized.
- For example, Game-Traffic, VoIP, or Audio/Video content will be prioritized higher than uploads/downloads.
- Your filesharing may use unlimited speed of your Internet connection, but it will be slowed down when you have important traffic.
- The whole prioritization scheme is configurable and you can change the prioritization on-the-fly.
- Full download rate during upload
- Consistently quick response time of your Internet even under heavy load
- Substantially less lag in online games
- Improved VoIP speech quality
- Nice status window (with skins), so you always see what’s going on
List of the most important cFosSpeed features.
- Broadband: Cable and DSL
- Narrow band: Modem and ISDN
- Mobile (UMTS, WIMAX, HSDPA, W-CDMA, WCDMA, CDMA, CDMA2000, 3G Mobile, HSCSD)
- DSL, PPPoE
- DSL, PPPoA (Vcmux and LLC)
- DSL, PPTP
- IP over AAL
- RFC1483/2684 bridged
- Router and dial-up connections
- LAN and WLAN
- Router and Bridge-Mode
- Online Budgets
- Usage Graph
- Overview of connections
- Data and packet logging
- 32-Bit and 64-Bit version
- 12+ languages