Alcohol 120%, is a powerful Windows CD and DVD burning software that makes it easy to create backups of DVDs* and CDs. Additionaly, the program lets you store your most used CDs as images on your computer, and you can mount them on 1 of the 31 virtual drives with a click of a button.
Our burning software includes a Pre-Mastering function which lets you burn files directly from your hard drive, and supports Blu-ray format and HD DVD.Compatible with all Windows 32 and 64 bit operating systems up to Windows 8.
Alcohol 120% supports a wide range of CD/DVD image files including .mds, .iso, .bwt, .b5t, .b6t, .ccd, .isz, .cue, .cdi, .pdi and .nrg formats.
• Up to 31 virtual drives with a single click of a button.
• Supports the latest Blu-Ray format and HD DVD (Single and Dual Layer)
• Alcohol 120% can mount virtually any image files created, even from other software.
• Alcohol 120% can make backup copies of your copy protected games, then you can run them up to 200 times faster than having them load from your cd drive.
• Going on holiday and have no room for all those discs? Take all your CD’s and DVD’S with you stored on your hard drive and mount them directly to your virtual drive.
• Your laptop battery will last much longer, as you do not need your CD or DVD drive spinning as your hard drive consumes less power than an optical drive.
• Alcohol 120% includes an iSCSI server that will allow you to share any drive over a network with other computers, share a CD or DVD Writer with another machine, it will even let you burn a disc just like it was on your local drive.
• Load a CD or DVD on your file server and automatically access it from any machine on the network, which stops discs from getting scratched, damaged, broken, lost or even stolen.
Please ensure your computer system meets the following requirements otherwise Alcohol 120% may not work properly:
• Intel/AMD based PC with Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/08/R2/XP Professional x64 Edition/Server 2003/08/R2 x64/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 32x and 64x operating system.
• 32MB (or more) of RAM
• Internet connection
• 10GB (or more) hard disk (a 74 minute CD image requires 650-700MB)
• One or more bus-mastering SCSI and/or ATAPI buses
• One or more CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives. You can use a CD/DVD recorder as a reader with sufficient hard disk space.
• One or more CD recorders (if you install more than 2 CD recorders, 700MHz CPU and 128MB RAM is recommended).
• One or more DVD recorders (if you want to burn DVD format).
Changes in version 126.96.36.19912 (2015-04-20):
-FIX SSE2 necessary issue. in Virtual drive engine, alcohol.exe and axshlheler will not crash any more if your CPU does not support SSE2 or newer command set.
-FIX AxCmd shows no message if help file does not exist.
-FIX AxCmd mounting/unmounting issue while using drive letter not number id of v-drive.
-FIX Minor bugs.