Advanced Renamer is a free application for renaming multiple files and folders at once. By configuring renaming methods the names can be manipulated in various ways. It comes with 14 different methods to change the names, attributes, and timestamps of files. With Advanced Renamer you can construct new file names by adding, removing, replacing, changing case, or giving the file a brand new name based on known information about the file. Before performing the operations on the files you can verify that the output will be correct and if you perform the rename and regret it, you can undo the complete batch.
Advanced Renamer is available in English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Danish, German, Finnish, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Swedish, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish
This mass file renamer is a great utility for organising digital pictures for both professionals and beginners. The thumbnail mode lets you display thumbnails directly in the file list giving you maximum control of the renaming process. With this program you can rename all your photos in a snap.
If your image files contain GPS data you can add the name of the city and the country where the picture was taken. Coordinates are used to lookup city, country, and state names from a database containing more than 100,000 cities around the globe.
MP3 and other music files often have messed up names and contain weird characters. With Advanced Renamer you can change the names of your favourite music files to more suitable names using the built-in ID3 functions.
Ever wanted to add the codec or the resolution of a video to the filename? With the video tags you can add various information about video and audio content to the names.
Add episode title or airdate to video files containing TV Shows after importing show information from the tvmaze.com website.
- Unicode support
- Preview new names in real time
- Tag based renaming
- Rename with MP3/ID3 information
- Use Regular expressions and Wildcards
- Image renaming with EXIF support
- Display thumbnails of images
- Rename with video tags
- Use GPS information from image files
- Use imported TV Show data when renaming
- Supports for both files and folders
- Undo previous batch
- Several renaming methods
- Use multiple methods at once
- Batch modes: Rename, copy, move
- Set file timestamps and file attributes
- New name with Tag
- Change case of filename
- Remove / Delete part of filenameRemove pattern from filename
- Replace part of filename
- Add / Insert text into filename
- Move part of filename
- New names based on a list of names
- Change file attributes
- Change file timestamp
- Trim filenames
- Custom batch script
More examples of use
- Change the case of a filename to uppercase or lowercase, or change the case of the first letter in every word.
- Replace a part of a filename based on a search pattern.
- Change readonly attribute of files.
- Add incrementing numbers with leading zeros to filenames.
- Change file extensions.
- Cleanup file names and remove spaces and underscores.
- Add a prefix or suffix to filenames.
- Copy or move files to other folders. New folder names can be constructed from file tags and patterns.
- Revert names to original names if renaming batch goes wrong.
- Organize music files based on ID3 tags.
- Use EXIF information to sort image files and organize them in folders.
- Save batch presets for later use or them with friends and colleagues.
- Use Perl Regular Expressions and wildcards to replace parts of file and folder names.
- Add date taken to the file name of jpg/jpeg files taken with digital cameras.
- Change existing numbers in filenames.
- Trim unwanted characters from beginning and end of filename.
- Add GPS coordinates or reverse geocode coordinates to add city name to file name.
- Categorize video files by use of video tags.
- Perform automatic batches through the console batch runner.
- Randomize filenames for use in digital picture frames.
- Extract metadata from image files in raw camera formats like Canon RAW, Nikon RAW, Sony RAW, FujiFilm RAW, or Pentax RAW.
- Rename TV shows based on season and episode details.
Changes in Advanced Renamer 3.76 – 26. mar. 2017
+ Override new filename (F2 key)
+ Hitting enter key will now open the file. Hitting ctrl + enter will open the folder of the file
+ Added tag
* Don’t analyze video files unless video tags are used
* New Name method will remember last used page
* Shift+F10 did not open file list popup menu
Homepage – http://www.advancedrenamer.com