Adobe Reader software is the free standard PDF tool for reliably viewing, printing, and annotating PDF documents. It’s the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content — including forms and multimedia — and is available across leading desktop and mobile device platforms. Reader XI is the first version of Reader that enables users to annotate PDF documents using a full set of commenting and markup tools, including sticky notes, a freehand drawing tool, and typewriter, highlight, underline, and strikethrough tools. You can also use Reader XI to participate in shared document reviews, with team members seeing and building on each other’s comments to speed up review cycles.
Free Reader XI software is the only PDF viewer that lets you read, search, print, and interact with virtually any type of PDF file. With Adobe Reader XI, you can:
• Fill out PDF forms by typing directly on the page or clicking through fillable form fields — and now save the completed form to your desktop
• Sign anywhere on a PDF file by typing or drawing your name or inserting an image of your signature
• Annotate documents with the same full set of commenting tools offered in Adobe Acrobat® XI software, including sticky notes, lines, shapes, stamps, and highlight, underline, and strikethrough tools
• Share files using your favorite email application, now with support for Internet email services such as Gmail and Yahoo! Mail
• Open PDF files more securely in the Protected Mode sandboxed environment
View and annotate PDF documents
• IMPROVED Comment using the PDF annotator. Reader XI comes with a full set of commenting tools. So you can add sticky notes, highlight text, and use lines, shapes, stamps, and a typewriter tool to place comments anywhere on your PDF document.
• Read the way you like. Choose reading mode to fit more content on the screen or two-up mode to view page spreads. Use familiar keyboard shortcuts like print, zoom, and find within the browser.
• Search for words and phrases. Search one or more PDF files at the same time to find every instance of a word or phrase — whether it’s contained in page content, annotations, bookmarks, form fields, or metadata.
• Protect your system. Help safeguard your software and data from malicious code and keep unauthorized users from viewing private information with Protected Mode.
Fill, sign, and send PDF forms
• IMPROVED Fill out forms. Say goodbye to paper forms. Type your responses right on the PDF form, or click through and fill in the form fields. Then save and submit. That’s really all there is to it.
• Sign PDF form. When you need to sign a PDF form, it’s easy to add your e-signature. Simply type it in, add a hand-drawn signature, or import a scanned image of your signature.
• NEW Get forms signed by others. Email your signed PDF form, or send it to others to e-sign using the Adobe EchoSign online service from within Reader XI. Just open a free or paid account.
Access PDF documents reliably
• Open any PDF file. Open and view all kinds of content contained in PDF files, including documents, drawings, email messages, spreadsheets, and presentations.
• View rich media. Reliably open and interact with PDF Portfolios as well as video, audio, CAD designs, and geospatial maps that have been converted to PDF.
• Get the mobile app. Use the Reader mobile app to open and use all kinds of PDF files from your iPad, iPhone, or Android smartphone — just like you would from your desktop.
• Choose accessibility options. Use screen readers and other assistive technologies to interact with PDF files. You can instruct Reader XI to read out loud or change the reading order of columns.
Manage software rollouts and standards compliance
• Ease deployment. Manage Reader deployment using a wide range of IT resources, including the Adobe Customization Wizard, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft System Center Updates Publisher (SCUP, and others.
• Extend Reader functionality. Use the Acrobat software development kit (SDK), available free of charge, to extend the functionality of Reader.
• Choose among languages. Install multiple languages simultaneously, and then switch among them using the Multilingual User Interface. The interface changes to the appropriate language on the fly.
Adobe Reader XI system requirements
• 1.3GHz or faster processor
• Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3 for 32 bit or Service Pack 2 for 64 bit; Windows Server® 2003 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 8 or 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit)
• 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
• 320MB of available hard-disk space
• 1024×768 screen resolution
• Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11; Firefox Extended Support Release; Chrome
Note: For 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows XP (with Service Pack 2), Microsoft Update KB930627 is required.
• Intel® processor
• Mac OS X v10.6.4, v10.7.2, or v10.8
• 1GB of RAM
• 350MB of available hard-disk space
• 1024×768 screen resolution
• Safari 5.1 for Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7.2; Safari 5.2 for Mac OS X v10.8; Safari 6.0 for Mac OS X v10.7.4 or v10.8
Homepage – http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html