WinZip® is the compression utility for Windows and trusted way to work with compressed files. With WinZip, PC users can quickly and securely zip and unzip files to conserve storage space, speed up e-mail transmission, and reduce download times. State-of-the-art file compression, strong AES encryption, compatibility with more compression formats, and comprehensive solutions for photo compression, management and sharing make WinZip the complete solution for the compression and archiving needs of any home and business user today.
WinZip is available in Standard and Pro Editions so you can choose the level of solutions that is best for you. The Standard Edition provides all the tools needed to quickly and easily compress and Zip files in a variety of ways and to effortlessly open the most common archive files used. Also, strong AES encryption is included and allows users to password-protect Zip files to protect confidential information.
The Pro Edition delivers all of the features of the Standard Edition plus it is packed with powerful tools to transfer, view, rotate, and resize photos and images. The WinZip Pro Edition also allows automation of routine tasks such as backing up data, archiving files, burning Zip files to CD/DVD, and uploading Zip files to online FTP sites. WinZip Pro also provides administrators in a business or enterprise environment the ability to deploy and enforce password policy requirements and other configurations when using WinZip.
• NEW! Easier zipping
Built-in local and cloud file management means it’s easy to browse and select the files you want without leaving WinZip. Touch support puts the power of WinZip at your fingertips on any touch-enabled device or computer. WinZip 19 is also optimized for 2-in-1 computers, switching its layout automatically depending on whether you are using your system in tablet or notebook mode.
• Zip and manage content
Compressing large files and folders makes them easier to transfer and saves storage space. With the new interface, it’s easier than ever to drag-and-drop files to be zipped from local or network drives, and your cloud services. Zip files are perfect for sharing because they let you organize multiple files into one convenient package.
• Unzip anything
Extract content from the industry’s widest selection of compressed file types, including Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Zip, BZ2, LHA/LZH, VHD, XZ and many more. When extracting encrypted files, WinZip auto-wipes all temporarily extracted copies to prevent misuse.
WinZip® requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
In order to use the WinZip Ribbon interface, Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or a later operating system is required. Also if using Windows Vista, the Platform Updates for Windows Vista is required. The Platform Updates for Windows Vista are part of the Windows Updates available for Windows Vista from Microsoft.
• NEW! Easier zipping Built-in local and cloud file management means it’s easy to browse and select the files you want without leaving WinZip. Touch support puts the power of WinZip at your fingertips on any touch-enabled device or computer. WinZip 19 is also optimized for 2-in-1 computers, switching its layout automatically depending on whether you are using your system in tablet or notebook mode.
• NEW! Rich file management Save time with the easy-to-access file management features built into the new WinZip 19 interface. Copy, move, rename and delete local and cloud files with ease. Open, edit and print local files. Plus, see how much space your devices and cloud services have available. Do all this and more without having to leave WinZip.
• NEW! Change the interface to suit your task Easily change the WinZip 19 interface to hide or show the features you need. WinZip 19 displays zipping features by default, but you can easily switch to the file management pane when you want to work with your files. Like the WinZip you know? Just click to use the familiar ribbon.
• NEW! Easily find the features you need WinZip is more dynamic than ever with the new context-sensitive action pane that changes to display the right tools for the job. When you’re zipping files, for example, Save and Share options appear automatically, so you can quickly select the destinations for your zip.
• NEW! More flexible file conversion Whether you are converting to PDF, resizing photos, adding watermarks or encrypting, you can select or change settings before, during or after you have created your zip. Plus, WinZip lets you choose whether the changes are applied to all the files in your zip or only to the individual files you’ve selected.
• NEW! Streamlined sharing Get easy access to all your sharing options in the new WinZip interface to quickly share by email, your clouds, instant messaging services or popular social sites.
Homepage – http://www.winzip.com/