The Bat! is the best email client software for Microsoft Windows, built to protect your email correspondence against third-parties. The Bat! safeguards your information through multiple encryption streams with the options to encrypt your emails on disk and during communication through an SSL/TLS connection. Free of global email providers that keep your messages in the cloud, and free of Web clients, The Bat! ensures your data stays private with inbuilt features like selective downloads, an internal HTML viewer and the safe handling of attached files.
The Bat! protects your data through multiple encryption streams, ensures your correspondence stays private, and protects confidential data by working without Web interfaces and without using global email providers that keep your messages in the cloud. With no restriction on the number of email accounts or messages you can have, high security and built-in features like automatic filters, templates, a spell-checker and more, The Bat! is perfect for work or at home. The Bat! is available in two editions: Professional and Home.
Ritlabs, SRL releases version 7.0 of The Bat! email client. This version introduces the new mail protocol to connect with Exchange Servers directly and a new feature which keeps the address book contacts constantly updated.
• Strong Encryption. The Bat! email client protects your personal information thanks to its widespread support of authentication protocols and encryption while working with mail servers. It prevents intentional data distortion and loss of confidential data while sending messages via the Internet. The program’s internal PGP implementation based on the award-winning OpenSSL lets you encrypt messages and sign them with digital signatures. Handy manager for digital keys is included. PGP up to version 10.0.2 is supported. The Bat! also supports S/MIME via Internal Implementation or Microsoft CryptoAPI. The Bat! supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) v3.0 / Transport Layer Security (TLS) v1.0; v1.1
• Backup and restore. Protect against data loss with The Bat!’s backup and restore function for your emails; backup your customized configuration settings, address books, folders and messages.
• The Bat!’s own Address Book. Viruses extract and distribute your contacts’ data from some email address books. Unlike other email programs, The Bat! uses its own address book which is not connected to virus targets such as Microsoft Windows Address Book.
• Message Parking. Don’t lose important messages; when a message is parked, you will not be able to move it to another folder, and it won’t be deleted without a warning or automatically purged.
• Internal HTML Viewer. View links and HTML content without launching a web browser. The Bat!’s internal viewer supports HTML 4.0 and CSS v2.0 formatting, but ignores scripts and executable code preventing viruses from launching. The Bat!’s internal HTML viewer blocks viruses that use the known HTML vulnerability of Microsoft Internet Explorer (such as IFRAME and Automatic Execution of Embedded MIME type).
• Image Download Manager for background retrieval of HTML images. Image Download Manager for background HTML image retrieval prevents malware reaching your computer through graphic elements of HTML messages by blocking the suspicious images and letting the safe ones through. Image Download Manager controls the retrieval of messages not by folder or addressee, but by particular hosts or URLs.
• Selective download. Choose messages to delete or leave on your POP3 server by setting up respective filters in the Sorting Office. Selective download filters can be used for protection against viruses and spam.
• Antivirus interface. The Bat! offers integration with antivirus plug-ins, allowing scanning attached files for viruses and malware.
• Safe handling of attached files. If an attached file has a “double extension”, for example, photo.jpg.exe, The Bat! will warn you and allow you to see the real extension. The Bat! checks attached file extensions and blocks them launching if they are suspicious.
• ASLR and DEP. The Bat! uses Windows Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) and Data Execution Prevention (DEP) to protect your computer from viruses and malware spread via email.
• Electronic discovery protection. The Bat!’s security, search, and Sorting Office features make it an invaluable tool for electronic discovery. The Bat! handles attached files well and its import wizard allow attorneys to easily deal with files exported from other email clients. Its powerful search and sorting capabilities help sort email messages by legal issue, legal theory, or addressees, which drastically increases the ability to handle large amounts of discoverable information. This is invaluable for attorneys in complex litigation cases.
+ Easily import .mbox and other file formats from a variety of third party email clients.
+ Sort email messages based on addressee or issue with Sorting Office.
+ Quick and powerful search features allow for easy retrieval of archived messages.
• Smart Sorting Office. The Sorting Office is a powerful filtering system that not only sorts your incoming, outgoing, read, and replied messages to folders, but also can auto-respond; reply with a custom template; forward, redirect, print, or export messages; send read confirmations; run an external program and more. Once you spend a few minutes setting up sorting rules, you can forget about drag-and-dropping messages from folder to folder. The Bat! sorting office can even run a mailing list server with full subscribe/unsubscribe functionality. More…
• Handy Message Templates. Save time and create message templates that use special macros. Any mailbox, folder or entry in the Address Book can have a personalised set of templates for a new message, reply or forward. More…
• Quick Templates. Insert prepared text into an email; useful when users commonly reply to messages with the same text every day. Using macros in Quick Templates, you can even configure a complex sequence of actions.
• Address Book features. The Address Book gives you an easy way to manage your contacts, create groups and set up mailing lists. Give each contact a personal and business address, customized Templates, a default character set, photos and their own S/MIME-certificate.
• Address History. View all message history from a contact in one place using the Address History feature.
• Mail Synchronization. You can synchronize messages, your mailbox, account settings, attachments and the Address Book over two separate copies of The Bat!
• Microsoft Exchange Connectivity. The Bat! connects to Microsoft Exchange Servers using native MAPI protocol to fetch or send messages.
• Extended Support of National Codepages. The Bat! allows you to set character encoding per mailbox, per folder or per entry in the Address Book. You don’t have to set the codepage manually for every message you send. Moreover, The Bat! supports Unicode as well as system fonts.
• Convenient Message Dispatcher. Look at messages stored on your POP3 mail server without downloading them. It’s very useful for managing your mail remotely, for example leaving “that copy of that huge document” on the server until you get home, but still retrieving and reading the urgent memos while on a mobile connection.
• Multilanguage Interface. Change between languages on the fly without restarting The Bat!, with 18 languages included.
• Image Viewing. Access attached images faster with The Bat!’s built-in image viewer. Navigate between images, rotate, resize, zoom, and print images from within The Bat!
• Import Wizard. You can import your messages to The Bat! from:
+ Mozilla Thunderbird
+ Eudora Lite/Pro
+ Pegasus Mail
+ Netscape 6
+ Netscape Messenger v4.xx
+ Netscape Mail v2.xx, 3.xx
+ Microsoft Outlook Express 5.x / 6.x
+ Microsoft Office Outlook
+ MS Outlook Express 4 / MS Mail News
• You can import your address books to The Bat! from:
+ Business Card (VCard)
+ Address List (plain text)
+ Comma-separated (plain text)
+ Tab-delimited (plain text)
+ X.509 Certificate
+ Eudora Address Book
+ Pegasus Tag File
+ MS Outlook Contacts
+ MS Outlook Express (Windows Address Book)
+ Windows Mail (Vista)
+ Google Contacts
• IDN support. Internationalized Domain Names are domain names that contain characters from non-Latin alphabets such as Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic and Greek. IDN support includes Latin alphabet-based characters with diacritics, such as those found in French and German.
• RSS feed subscriptions. RSS is a technology that allows fetching news published on web-sites, blogs or forums. You can subscribe to an unlimited of RSS feeds as well as read and categorize information coming through them. All the news and forum posts are automatically fetched, combined and displayed in one list like the ordinary emails are. In the news list you will not only see the headlines, but also the summary, so that you can only look through the news you are interested in.
• Modest System Requirements. The Bat! is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP and later versions of Windows operating systems. There are no minimum requirements for memory size or CPU speed. It runs on any Windows PC platform with at least 1024×768 screen resolution.
Homepage – http://www.ritlabs.com