Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides comprehensive computer protection against known and new threats, network and phishing attacks, and spam. Various functions and protection components are available as part of Kaspersky Anti-Virus to deliver comprehensive protection.
• File Anti-Virus. File Anti-Virus prevents infection of the computer’s file system.
• Mail Anti-Virus. Mail Anti-Virus scans incoming and outgoing email messages on your computer.
• Web Anti-Virus. Web Anti-Virus intercepts and blocks the execution of scripts on websites if they pose a threat.
• IM Anti-Virus. IM Anti-Virus ensures the safe use of instant messengers.
• Network Monitor. Network Monitor is designed for monitoring network activity in real time.
• System Watcher. System Watcher component can be used to roll back malware actions in the operating system.
• Anti-Phishing. Anti-Phishing allows checking URLs to find out if they are included in the list of phishing URLs.
• Participating in the Protect a Friend program. Participation in the Protect a Friend program allows you to receive bonus points when you share links to Kaspersky Anti Virus with your friends.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides the following new features:
• Functioning of the System Watcher component has been improved: protection against cryptors has been implemented. Kaspersky Anti-Virus creates Backup copies of files before they are encrypted by a maliciouscryptor. This allows restoring these files from their Backup copies. Backup copies of files are stored in the system folder for temporary files (Temp).
• The latest versions of popular web browsers are now supported: protection components (such as Kaspersky URL Advisor) support Mozilla™ Firefox™ 29.x, 30.x, 31.x, Internet Explorer® 11, Google Chrome™ 36.x.
• An option to switch to Kaspersky Total Security has been added.
• Application performance has been improved and computer resource consumption has been optimized.
• Less time is required to start the application.
• Support for Windows® 8.1 Update has been added.
• The application upgrade process has been improved.
• The size of the application distribution package has been reduced.
MINIMUM HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
• Intel® Pentium® III 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64) processor or faster (or compatible equivalent)
• 480 MB free hard drive space (depending on the size of the anti-virus databases)
• CD/DVD drive (for installing from the installation CD)
• Internet access (for activating the application and updating databases and software modules)
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
• Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or later
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or later
• For Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3 or later), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3 or later), and Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Service Pack 2 or later):
* 512 MB free RAM
• For Microsoft Windows Vista® Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x32 (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later), Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise, Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8.1 Pro (Windows 8.1 Update), and Windows 8.1 Enterprise (Windows 8.1 Update):
* 1 GB free RAM (for 32-bit operating systems) or 2 GB free RAM (for 64-bit operating systems)
Homepage – http://www.kaspersky.com/anti-virus