Classic Shell is free software that improves your productivity, enhances the usability of Windows and empowers you to use the computer the way you like it. It has a customizable start menu, it adds a toolbar and a status bar for Windows Explorer and supports a variety of other features. There are 3 major components – Classic Start Menu, Classic Explorer and Classic IE. It bring back the old start menu for Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 with highly customizable multiple styles and skins.
It has a variety of advanced features:
• Choose between “Classic” and “Windows 7” styles
• Drag and drop to let you organize your applications
• Options to show Favorites, expand Control Panel, etc
• Shows recently used documents. The number of documents to display is customizable
• Translated in 35 languages, including Right-to-left support for Arabic and Hebrew
• Does not disable the original start menu in Windows. You can access it by Shift+Click on the start button
• Right-click on an item in the menu to delete, rename, sort, or perform other tasks
• The search box helps you find your programs and files without getting in the way of your keyboard shortcuts
• Supports jumplists for easy access to recent documents and common tasks
• Available for 32 and 64-bit operating systems
• Has support for skins, including additional 3rd party skins. Make your own!
• Fully customizable in both looks and functionality
• Support for Microsoft’s Active Accessibility
• Converts the “All Programs” button in the Windows menu into a cascading menu
• Implements a customizable start button
• Can show, search and launch Windows Store apps (Windows 8)
• And last but not least – it’s FREE!
Version 4.2.4 general release (Aug, 2015):
• Finalized support for Windows 10 – multiple bugfixes and performance improvements
Homepage – http://www.classicshell.net